The Ghosts

Backstory:
Natasha Raskin Sharp is an antiques expert turned deadly assassin when she suffers a tragedy at the hands of spies. She joins a group of assassins know as 'The Ghosts', based in Glasgow, who specifically target spies of any status, and their trademark is a leather jacket. Emilia Fox is a meticulous spy, working for the MI6, unknowingly has made herself a target of 'The Ghosts' and Natasha is the assassin assigned to do the job. However, things take an unexpected turn when Natasha confronts her...

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

Sunday, 29th October 2023, 9:14pm. Two days before the festival...

"Right, she is our next target. Her name is Emilia Fox, and she is highly regarded so she will be alert and slippery." The leader of the group, Coron, says, pointing to her picture on the board. Natasha stood there, listening intently to Coron, nodding along with everything he was saying.

"She will be at the Halloween Scarefest, in Staffordshire, on the 31st October, undercover with her husband and daughter, so we need the best of the best." He continues, and everyone erupts into an uproar of cheers and "pick me". Natasha stays silent, deep in thought.

She must of zoned out as the next thing she heard was Coron's voice saying "and I'm choosing Natasha to carry out the job, as she's the only one who can match the strength and awareness of a spy." This was met with a mixture of groans and cheers. She stands there, dumbfounded.

"Thank you, Coron. I will do you proud." She bows and smiles wickedly. She couldn't help but shake the feeling that somehow she knew Emilia, as she looked very familiar.

"You better not let me down, or you will be sorry." Coron threatens, making Natasha nod with obedience. She was still quite new to this, so to be picked was the biggest honour.

However, Natasha always thought of herself as a lone wolf, not wanting to be bossed around, and to be an independent assassin, but these people helped her. She has to find a way to escape and achieve her independence of an assassin.

Monday, 30th October 2023, 8:27pm. Natasha's apartment in Glasgow.

Natasha packs her backpack with the essentials needed for her trip: a knife, throwing stars, a knife holder strap for around her leg, and most importantly, a gun. She didn't like using a gun, but she took it anyways, in case of emergencies or in this case to immobilise Emilia, so she didn't have chance to kick it out of Natasha's hand.

She quickly packs the rest of the backpack with clothes, her phone charger and a couple of other things. She leaves her apartment, double locking the door behind her, and sets off walking to the train station. It wasn't far from her apartment block, so she didn't need to take a taxi or anything.

Glasgow Central Train Station, 8:54pm.

The station was packed with bubbling kids and groaning parents, exhausted from shouting, but Natasha managed to push herself through the crowd, managing to get a window seat on the train.

She lets out a long sigh, sinking into her seat and clutching at her backpack, which was at the side of her, safe from prowling eyes. She had prepared for the longish train journey ahead, pulling out her glasses from her leather handbag, and a book, titled 'The Devil Within.' She takes out her airpods from her leather jacket pocket, putting them in her ears, turning her music on, isolating herself from the rest of the people on the crowded train.

Stafford Train Station, 12:38am, Tuesday 31st October 2023.

The train screeched to a halt, opening the doors to its last stop. Natasha gets off, yawning, stretching her arms out. She slings her backpack over her right shoulder and begins walking to the hotel she booked whilst on the train. It starts raining, and it was coming down in drizzle to begin with.