~ Cutter ~

Man, man, man. Man! This is so much fun!!

The way these flames are licking at my body. It feels so good!

Each and every breath I take is hot and painful. My eyes are starting to water from the heat.

Even the sweat on my body burned as it began to boil.

This is an endless torrent of torment coming from every direction at once!

Azdhar: "Do you feel no pain, creature?"

Cutter: "Oh no, I do! I just love the way it feels!"

Cutter: "C'mon, singe me more, you weakling!"

Azdhar: "Hmph."

I ran around, attempting to slash at the Demon, spreading my magic all over the place.

Soon, reality started to warp around me. It's hard even for me to fight like this, but it's always way harder for my enemies to fight.

I could feel my head start to throb as my eyes struggled to understand what was happening before them.

Azdhar: "You're manipulating my mind?"
Cutter: "Just giving you a taste of my insanity, buddy!"

As I went on, his flames became less and less accurate.

Cutter: "No, no, no! You're starting to miss me now!"

Cutter: "Are you really this weak? Think harder, man!"

Cutter: "Or are you really struggling to see me that badly?"

Azdhar: "I think I've had just about enough of you."

My ears wiggled as they sensed danger, and I immediately leapt back.

Right as I was retreating, he slammed his staff into the ground, generating a surge of flames in every direction.

I cackled as the wave of fire rushed towards me. Such a simple attack.

Right as the heat from the flames started to burn me, I channeled as much magic into my pistol as possible.

I then fired my pistol straight through the flames. The bullet made a horrid screaming sound as it ripped through the flames.

The infusion of my magic scattered reality around the path of the bullet, causing the flames to dissipate before they could hit me.

Azdhar looked both disappointed and satisfied at the same time.

Azdhar: "As expected, you are no philistine."

Azdhar: "No lunatic could warp reality on that scale in that time frame."

Azdhar: "What is your secret?"

Cutter: "Who knows~? Maybe I just got lucky!"

I looked over at Cerulean, who really seemed to be biding her time.

Either that or she was just expecting me to take on all the risk myself.

Well, whatever, I'm having a ton of fun anyway!

Though, that massive wave of flames blew away all the magic that I was spreading around.

I guess we were back to square one, then.

That presented a problem, though. If he was just gonna do that every time then I was just going to eventually succumb to his heat.

Guess I'm the one who needs to think harder, then.

Out of nowhere, Cerulean finally said something.

Cerulean: "Cutter. How long can you hold him for?"

Cutter: "Eh, I'd say another ten minutes or so."