~ Zoe, Codename: Cerulean ~

I continued using my lightning magic to assist me as I descended into the service catwalks below the city.

After some time, I found the location that Chronos was suspected to be.

I didn't see anyone here, but I did see a hell of a lot of blood on the floor, alongside a dozen Demon corpses.

My nose couldn't smell anything but blood, but my ears could faintly hear someone struggling to breathe.

I decided to follow the trail of blood along the ground. It led out of the room and down a corridor.

At the end of the corridor I saw a familiar head of messy white hair, alongside an alarming amount of blood.

Cerulean: "Cutter!"

I quickly ran up and started bandaging her.

Cutter: "...Cerulean..?"

Cutter: ".....Is that you...?

Cerulean: "Here, I'll bandage you. Pathfinder is on his way, he'll fix you up proper."

Cutter: "..Hah..."

Cutter: "...And here I was.."

Cutter: "..Thinking that..."

Cutter: "...Dreams don't.."

Cutter: "..Come true..."

She's definitely delirious. This is really bad. She's lost a lot of blood.

After I finished bandaging her front, I leaned over her to bandage her back.

To my surprise, Cutter dropped her head onto my shoulder.

Cerulean: "Cutter? Are you alright?"

Cutter: "You know Cerulean..."

Cutter: "...In my entire life, I've never once had a friend."

Cutter: "Even when I was young... Everyone hated me..."

Cutter: "My parents... My peers... My teachers..."

Cutter: "...Everyone."

Cutter: "I thought that I... also hated everyone..."

Cutter: "...And that... I didn't need anyone else.."

Cutter: "..But I think I was wrong..."

Cutter: "I think that it'd be nice..."

Cutter: "...If I could be friends.."

Cutter: "..With you..."

I looked down at her with shock for a moment, but then sighed and chuckled softly.

Cerulean: "I think you've lost a little too much blood, Cutter."

She let out a soft puff of air from her nose.

Cutter: "...I guess you're right."

My ears heard something dripping. I looked down and saw an occasional tear from Cutter fall down into the pool of blood that was underneath her.

I sighed again. You really are an endless bag of surprises, Cutter.

While I was bandaging her, I suddenly heard rapid, metallic footsteps. That must be Pathfinder.

He turned the corner and sprinted down the corridor towards us.

Cerulean: "She's in rough shape, Pathfinder."

I handed Cutter over to him so he could take over. He's a surgeon, so he should be able to save her.

Pathfinder: "Thank you, I'll take care of her."