Chapter 18

Crystal's POV-

*1 week later*

It was another beautiful night here in California. I had just came back from my training. I was being taught self defense. Yesterday, was my first day shooting a gun. I was reading a book when I heard footsteps. Matt was upstairs in the shower. I heard objects fall. I flinched. I gulped. I got up and looked around. The kitchen window was open.

I rolled my eyes, and closed it. I was going back to the living room, when I heard footsteps behind me. I stopped. The lights turned off. I slowly turned around. There was somebody , dressed in all black , with a mask. It was difficult to breathe again. The person came at me, causing me to fall to fall on the ground. I screamed. I pushed him/ her off of me. "It" had a knife in their hand. "It" attacked me but I tried to stop them. I was again on the ground. "Matt!," I yelled. I tried my hardest to push them off. I grabbed their wrists, holding "it" off for a bit. I tried to look for an object with my left hand. I grabbed a vase nearby, and smashed it on their head. I pushed "it" off, and the lights turned on. The person was gone.

"Crystal!," Matt exclaimed. I breathed heavily. I ran to Matt, and jumped on him. I hugged him so tight. "Baby girl it's okay, I'm here," Matt whispered. I let go of him. What the hell was that?

Matt's POV-

Who the hell would do that? How did they even get in? I was wrapping a bandage around Crystal's hand. "Thank you," she smiled weakly. "We have to tell the cops," I said.

Crystal jumped up. "No don't. Remember what it said? They will kill people close to us. I know strange things have been happening this week, but we can't tell the police," Crystal pleaded. "I'm sorry Crystal. We have to. What if they kill you next. We have to have the police know, so they can help us," I said. "Fine. If it works," Crystal sighed. She rested her head on my shoulder.

sorry for the awful chapter!! Comment some ideas for the next chapter please! I'm kind of blank at the moment. Much love xoxo Liz💗