six

"The fuck?"

Camila's eyes widened and she whipped her head up, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. She suddenly realized she wasn't in the right room when she saw a pair of bright green eyes piercing into her through the darkness.

"I-I..." Camila started, standing completely frozen. She didn't know what she was supposed to say. Or do. So she just clamped her mouth shut and stared at the girl across the room.

"Get. Out," Lauren's voice was low in the back of her throat. It struck something inside of Camila, and suddenly she jumped back to life.

"What the hell do you have against me?!" Camila yelled, stepping forwards and throwing her hand out to the side. She was exhausted. And Lauren's unknown hate for her was just another thorn in her side that she didn't need.

Lauren almost appeared surprised at Camila's outburst, but if she was, she did a good job of hiding it. The older girl laughed, shaking her head and rolling her eyes. "Stop fucking crying."

Camila clenched her fists, feeling anger boiling up inside of her. Frustration, sadness, guilt, and a tornado of other emotions came flying out of her and she kicked the wall in frustration.

"I can cry if I fucking want to," Camila hissed, squeezing her eyes shut and taking a deep breath. "I think it's reasonable for me to cry over the fact that I'm fucking dying."

"With that attitude you are," Lauren raised an eyebrow, eyeing Camila up and down. Camila clenched her jaw, resisting the urge to throw something at the girl.

"Fuck you," Camila spat, turning around on her heel and stomping out of the room. She could've sworn she heard Lauren laughing before she slammed the door.

Sleep seemed to be the most appealing thing to her right now. She was relieved to find out the Normani wasn't still in their bedroom, and Camila immediately collapsed into her bed. In a whirlwind of blankets and pillows, the small girl curled up under the cover and willed herself not to scream at the top of her lungs.

This wasn't her life. It couldn't be. This was all some fucked up dream, and she'd wake up back home. Where she belonged.

Camila didn't remember falling asleep, but she was woken up a few hours later by a pillow, thanks to Normani. Groaning, the small girl sat up and wiped her eyes.

"Dinner," Normani mumbled. Camila furrowed her eyebrows, noticing Normani's newfound attitude. Before she could question it, though, the older girl was already gone.

Sighing, Camila stood up slowly and gave herself a few moments to get over the initial rush of dizziness. With a deep breath, she tugged on her shoes and slowly made her way down to the cafeteria.

"Here," she muttered, tossing her tray in front of Justin and slumping down in her chair. She wasn't hungry at all. Dinah sent her a questioning glare from across the table. It was obvious something was wrong.

"Don't," Camila whispered, shaking her head and propping her elbows on the table. Resting her head in her hands, the small girl let out a heavy sigh and tried to push all the negative thoughts out of her mind.

"What's the difference between Canadian bacon and actual bacon?" Justin mumbled with a mouthful of food, looking up and scanning the table.

"Chew with your mouth shut, idiot," Dinah muttered, shoving the boy beside her. Justin just stuck his tongue out and rolled his eyes.

"I'm friends with a bunch of 5 year olds," Maia mumbled, making both Luke and Bea crack up laughing.

"No, I'm serious," Justin continued with a shake of his head. "Like, why don't we just call it bacon? Why do we have to be racist about it?"