chapter 30 (A Dinner Date Turned to Tragedy)

Charito leaned in, her gaze locked with Light's as she began to speak about their shared history. The atmosphere seemed charged with a mix of tension and nostalgia.

Charito: "You remember those nights, Light? The moments we thought were ours alone, hidden away from prying eyes. Our linked past was more than just a fleeting connection."

She reminisced, her voice carrying a certain depth of emotion as she recalled the intimate moments they had shared.

Charito: "The whispers of secrets and the stolen glances—those were the threads that wove our story. And the photos and videos, remnants of our shared intimacy, carefully concealed from the world."

A wry smile played on her lips, hinting at a sense of satisfaction in revisiting those memories.

Charito: "I know things have changed, but some ties are not easily severed, Light. The past has a way of lingering, doesn't it?"

She paused, studying Light's reaction before continuing.

Charito: " Maybe you should keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn't stumble upon the echoes of our history."

With a final smirk, Charito left Light with another mischievous grin and threat.

Light fidgeted with his fork, glancing at his watch as he waited for Pearl to return from the powder room. The restaurant buzzed with the murmur of conversations and the clinking of cutlery, but his attention was fixated on the empty chair across from him.

Light: "She's been gone for quite a while. Maybe I should check on her."

Concern etched across his face, Light excused himself from the table, making his way toward the restroom. As he approached, he couldn't shake the unease settling in the pit of his stomach.

Light (muttering): "Hope everything's okay."

He pushed the restroom door open gently, calling out for Pearl, but the silence that greeted him was unsettling. Light's worry deepened as he scanned the empty room.

Light: "Pearl? Are you alright?"

No response. As he left the restroom, Light's anxiety heightened. He scanned the restaurant, searching for any sign of Pearl. The waiter approached him with a concerned look.

Waiter: "Is everything alright, sir?"

Light: "I can't find my girlfriend. She went to the restroom, and it's been a while."

Waiter: "I'll check for you, sir."

The waiter hurried toward the restroom, and Light stood near the entrance, anxiously awaiting any news. Minutes felt like an eternity until the waiter returned, a puzzled expression on his face.

Waiter: "I'm sorry, sir, but she's not in there. Maybe she left?"

Light's worry deepened into nervousness, wondering where Pearl could have gone. He quickly paid the bill, thanked the waiter, and headed outside, scanning the surroundings.

Light (muttering): "Where could she be?"

The mystery of Pearl's sudden disappearance left Light with a growing sense of unease, wondering if something unexpected had happened during what was supposed to be a simple dinner.

Concern etched across Light's face, he reached for his phone and dialed his friends' numbers one by one - Tower, Amboy, Tarsier, and Prof. Each ring felt like an eternity as he hoped one of them would pick up.

Light (whispering to himself): "Come on, pick up, pick up..."

Tower's voice crackled through the line.