Chapter 1. Part 4: Freetime! Shuichi

COMPLETELY FORGOT TO PUBLISH THIS BUT ITS HERE NOW

(12/8/23 Update: I'm editing all past chapters to use your Stage Name, Endo Ryo. This is to cause drama ofc)

Enjoy!
____________________________________________________________________________________

You walked out of the dormitory, looking for Shuichi. You see him walking inside the main building without Kokichi. You run up to him, staying back slightly to spy on what's happening. All you see is Shuichi entering the main building alone. You run up and tap him on the shoulder.

"Ah?! Oh.. it's you." Shuichi said.

"Mhm! Care to spare some free time?" You ask.

"Ah, I guess i could." Shuichi replied, "I wanted to ask you some questions anyway."

"Alrighty! Anywhere you wanna go?"

"Hmm... the library?"

"Yippee!" You ran through the door, before pausing and looking back to Shuichi. "Ummm... where is the library?"

Shuichi gave an amused smile. "In the basement, this way."

You followed him down the basement stairwell like an idiot in a horror movie, and came across the big doors that lead to the library. You entered, coughing at the dust and smell of old, musty books. Shuichi gestures for you to sit at one of the desks, to which you oblige. Shuichi sits down across from you, and Shadow makes himself comfortable in your hat.

"Soooo..." you started, "what did you want to ask me? It's a real honor being questioned by a detective, y'know?"

"I wanted to ask about your circus."

Fuck.
Fuck.
Lie?
Sidestepping would probably be best-
He would notice that though!!
AUGHSHS
JUST SAY NO

"Okay!" You say, mentally facepalming yourself.

"Firstly, I thought the Black Feather Circus closed down?"

"We used that as a cover to go local— the stress was overwhelming going national and traveling costed a lot."

Good. Better. Bro better not know about our deaths
He probably will with our luck- don't jinx it.

"Secondly, weren't 3 murders committed within the circus?" Shuichi asked, to your dismay.

"Ummm... unfortunately, yes."

"Wasn't the main attraction and mascot, Endo, killed as one of the murders?"

"I faced bad injuries, but I survived. Since i needed time to recover and my boss/ringmaster didn't want to loose money, I faked my death."

Shuichi looked at you, analyzing if you were lying or not. You had to hope he bought it for now.

"Wasn't the ringmaster and animal tamer killed as well?"

"The circus was co-owned." You reply, again hoping he bought it.

He seemed to think over your answers for a while, and, as you waited, you just played with Shadow while contemplating future moves.

Somebody already suspects us and the first murder hasn't even happened yet!
Yup. We are fucked.
Very much so, yes. Can I have a reese's take 5?
Later. Stay focused.
I need a treat to stay focused thoughhhh
No.
Yes.
No.
Yes
Fine, here, under the table.

Shadow caught the treat under the table, eating it quickly before flying back up to your hat.

We already pulled that shit with Himiko, now this?!
HOW TF WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WE WERE GOING TO BE QUESTIONED?!

"Alright. That was all. Sorry for being... nosy." Shuichi finally replied.

"It's alright! I don't look back on bad memories anyway."

You got up and walked out of the library, Shuichi following behind you. After you both went up the stairs, you went your separate ways, you wandering towards the MonoMono Machine in order to get Himiko something. You ended up getting a "Illiusion Rod" and, after giving it to her (and her being grateful, despite her shock from earlier), you wandered around, trying to find someone else to talk to in your free time.

who should we fight? I vote Kaito
good idea, but what about the big buff man?
huh
There was a tall asf buff man that tried to protect the others when the funky robots appeared
ooooh. yeah sure. I wanna see the arcade personally
Let's check there, then.

You and Shadow made your way to the arcade, looking for knockoff tarzan. You eventually got there, and, after gawking at the games, saw a door at the back of the room. You enter the door, looking for the tall man.

(Word Count: 705)