Chapter 1. Part 8: Investigation 1/2

Yeeeee I'm starting this the day after publishing part 7... still took forever to publish

PLEASE KEEP ANY PREDICTIONS TO THE PREDICTIONS CHAPTER THAT IS BEING PUBLISHED SOON AFTER THIS ONE!! I DONT WANT PEOPLE TO GET ANY UNSOLICITED SPOILERS

I dunno when this will be published but just know that I tried my best-- first time writing an investigation and trial and such and they most likely will get better as the book progresses. I took many notes on this book (instead of math [please don't hurt my family I had free time and its my best subject anyway]) just so I can write this correctly without it turning out like rank ass.

WARNING!!!

This chapter contains detailed descriptions of the body, gore, and sharp objects such as knifes or needles! Continue with caution!

march something 2024

Enjoy!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

* + * Shuichi POV * + *

Thoughts are italized

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Mostly everyone ended up confronting Endo or giving them the stink eye. Some were too focused on the body. I approached Korekiyo's body, which was slightly twitching, but when I felt his neck for his pulse, there was none. That's... odd. I know bodies tend to twitch and move as they decompose, but it's normally not this fast.

—"He's dead." I told the crowd, Kaede rested her hand on my shoulder encouragingly.

Endo let out a small "oops" and slunk back into the crowd.

Monokuma showed his unfortunate face again, his kubs followed suit.

—"Well well well, Kiyo is already dead and i didn't even need to release another motive!" Monokuma chuckled.

—"Damnit! I was wantin' that!" Monokid exclaimed.

—"Seeing them freak out over a time limit, then one of them breaking... i mean that would be kinda funny-" Monotaro said, fiddling with his scarf.

—"A time limit?" Kirumi questioned.

—"Kubs! You gotta stop that!" Monokuma turned to his kids angrily, then back to the crowd.

—"Alright, won't the culprit please step up!" Monokuma announced.

—"Oh yea, the motive... the culprit gets to leave..." Kaede said.

—"It's probably Endo! They were laughing at the body!" Tenko yelled.

—"Aye, aye aye! Nuh uhh! Wasn't me!" Endo defended themselves, their crow perched on their shoulder.

—"Huh, nobody's stepping up?" Monokuma looked confused before breaking into laughter. "Ohhohoh! It seems the culprit wants a Trial after all!"

—"H-huh!? Gonta doesn't understand-" Gonta was cut off.

—"What the hell?! So what, we gotta investigate or sum!?" Miu yelled.