{5}

Work at the cafe had been going pretty well.

Everything about it seemed to be pretty cool so far for Dazai. The weather outside was becoming cooler, meaning the walk to work was nice and comfy. He had picked up the work pretty well, becoming confident in his barista abilities.

Which means, of course, that he is becoming confident in his cheat sheet abilities. But same thing, right?

Dazai had only been working for a week so far, but he's already become a favorite amongst customers. He always gets a lot of tips during his shifts, so much so that the boss wants him to work during peak hours.

Who would have thought?

~

"Awh damn it.."

The room was dimly lit, with only the light nearest the bathroom being on. That lightbulb seemed to be weak, as it no longer fully lit up. The entire place consisted of an open bedroom, kitchen and living room combo, with only the bathroom having its own door. The studio was quite small, but that's to be expected. It didn't look like more than one person could live there, even one singular person would have trouble if they had a lot of stuff.

Fortunately, this studio is owned by one person, and they don't own a lot of things. They are kind of simple, really. The studio consisted of a bed, a nightstand beside it, a tv across the way, and a single makeshift table. It was an odd table, and really small, you couldn't fit much on it. Perfect for a meal for one.

The kitchen only had the normal appliances, a fridge, freezer, oven and stove. There was a little bit of countertop space, and it only had a microwave on it.

The studio looked incredibly minimalist. Or incredibly cheap. Depends how you are looking.

The resident was laying in the bed, groaning as he sat up. He forgot to turn off the bathroom light when he fell asleep last night, how careless could he be? Money doesn't grow on trees, you know.

The man also noticed that he had left the blinds above his bed open. The sun shone brightly in his face, making his waking circumstances even worse.

"Too bright.. I hate these blinds." The man reached up out of bed to pull the blinds down. The blinds sucked in general, so they didn't block out all the sunlight, but at the very least, it was better than having them open.

The man sighed after having closing them, hoping that he could lay back down and go back to sleep.

It wasn't until he thought about it for a second, that he realized it was daylight out.

Realizing this, he bolted up in a panic, and frantically began searching the bed for his smartphone. He needed to know the time, he couldn't afford to be late.

The phone was, to his horror, nowhere to be found. He cursed under his breath, before he paused. Just as he ceased all movement, he heard a vibration coming from inside the bathroom. Sounded like it was the counter.

He raced out of bed, ran across the tiny studio apartment, and pushed through the slightly closed door leading to the bathroom. He stopped at the counter and saw it, his vibrating phone. It was vibrating because of the alarm that had been going off. The alarm read 8:25 AM.

It was 9:14 AM.

"Dang it!" The short man yelled, as he quickly shut the alarm off, and raced out of the bathroom. He quickly ran into the closet that was beside his bed. It was hardly a closet, it was just a small indent where there was one singular rack and bar to hang clothes on. The man didn't have many clothes, not anymore at least. There especially wasn't anything for the cold. This bummed him out, as he was used to having many stylish options to choose from. He quickly settled on a green long sleeve, and simple black pants. He changed out of the clothes he slept in, quickly threw on the new clothes he had chosen, and ran back into the bathroom.