{2}

What is this unknown phone number, a scam? Is someone calling to contact him about his car's extended warranty? Ohh, Dazai could really use that..

Wait. He doesn't even have a car.

It had the same area code, surely there isn't any problem answering it. Dazai, who still had the phone in his hand in the upright calling position, answered the phone a few seconds after it began ringing.

"Hello?"

Is that the same voice from the toaster's customer hotline? Why is it a different phone number?

Dazai was puzzled, perplexed even, and his brows furrowed, "Uh hello? Customer service guy?"

He heard a sigh, "Yeah um.. I'm sorry. I accidentally disconnected the phone, I may have gotten a bit too worked up, and I cannot afford to have another customer complain about me hanging up, so.. I had no choice but to call from my personal cell number."

Wow, Dazai thought, he must really have riled up the representative if it caused him to accidentally hang up on the man. He couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of some man in a call center throwing a fit over him.

"Woah, so like, this is your real phone number?" Dazai asked, intrigued.

"Yeah, yeah I know, it's highly unprofessional. But one more complaint and I'm fired, so.." The representative trailed off, being a bit too honest.

"Well that sucks. Maybe I should complain anyway, you did drop your customer service tone, I am, again, not feeling very supported right about now."

Dazai has such a way with words. So much so, in fact, that his words have evoked yet another visceral reaction out of the caller.

"Ugh, why did I even bother! I should have just left you be, who cares about this stupid job anyway."

"Well," Dazai started, "Clearly you cared enough to call me. Besides, surely you are being paid."

"I am!! But not enough!! I don't even need this stupid job!! I shouldn't have to be here.. ahh that's none of your business!" It seemed as though the man was getting lost in his own words. Why is this representative talking so freely, Dazai wondered. He has surely left the realm of professionalism by now.

"You seem to be making it my business. Tell me, Mr Customer Service, do you need to talk to someone? Is there nobody else you can talk to? My deepest condolences." The brunette asked in a condescending manner, the grin on his face spreading.

"Shut up."

"You clearly don't care about being professional anymore, do you?"

"How can anyone be professional with such a knucklehead like you?"

"I'm surprised they even gave you this position. You still have yet to answer any of my questions. A complaint may be in your near future.." Dazai threatened, knowing damn well that he:

1. Does not know how to complain (and figuring out how takes work)

2. Does not care enough to leave a complaint

3. Is way too lazy to do so

The caller sighed for probably the thousandth time, "Fine. Let's try this again.. Dazai was it? Dazai, how can I help you today?"

"Now that's more like it!" Dazai exclaimed, "I remember asking you your name. You didn't even give me an introduction, could I have one now?" The brunette asked in a way that seemed just a tad bit more sincere than the rest of the conversation. He continued leaning back on the couch, this time moving a bit to the left, as the sun was beginning to blind him from where he sat.