{6}

Like the leaves turn in color during the fall, and the breeze picks up, and the temperature grows colder, all things turn and move in order. There is a system in place here, one that is hard to change, but nobody thinks to change it, do they? After all, how could you change the Earth that does not want to change itself?

Of course, this ignores the idea of global warming.

But a single person cannot change the entire system of the Earth, can they?

Well, what about Chuuya Nakahara's system?

For a while now, the entire system of the boy has been waking up, finding that there is no food to eat, showering, sitting idly around, looking for jobs, not finding any, sleep, repeat.

He used to be employed, but that job didn't last very long. It turned out, he wasn't well suited for dealing with complaining customers. He didn't last very long after that horrific call with Dazai. It was his tipping point, yeah rent was due, but what's the use of paying rent if you'd be driven insane?

So here he was, sitting on his bed, his hair a mess, his sheets everywhere, and he wore the same clothes he had worn the previous day. It was still barely morning time, but the man had nothing to do, nor did he have any food.

He didn't have to meet with the lawyer again for another two days. Last time he saw the lawyer, less than a week ago, the lawyer only spoke of things that probably could have been an email. This upcoming meeting would be more important, however, as it would likely be where Chuuya finally finds out more about his money.

He didn't have any worries about whether he'd be able to keep some of his money, he had proof of it being his own deserved money, it was just a matter of surviving until then. He thought he was doing good, he downsized his apartment, sold his brother's car, and even stopped driving his own so that he could save on gas money. He even kept an unstocked kitchen, much to his dismay.

And of course, an unstocked kitchen will have so few food opportunities. He hadn't eaten breakfast in a while, and dinner tended to be some sort of a snack. In the past he oftentimes went to the cafe and had breakfast there, but not only has he been trying to save his money, he had been actively avoiding going back due to the new barista they had hired.

That horrendous Dazai.

Chuuya scoffed as he thought of the man, how could be ruin his favorite cafe? Does this mean he has to walk further into town now to get to the other cafe? That one doesn't taste as good as this one. Plus, it'd add like twenty minutes to the man's commute, and his time is very precious.

Well, usually. Right now its just torturous, having all this time.

All he could do was think, thinking is free, right? He thought about everything that had brought him to this position. The odds of being born are so slim, and the chances of being born into any particular circumstances are even slimmer. So why'd he have to be the one to end up here?

Chuuya didn't really have anyone, but for some reason he didn't feel too badly about it. His brother was kind of an asshole and got what was coming to him, as he wasn't being too careful. He did take care of the younger male, though.

Well, sort of. He kept a roof over his head, made sure he never had to spend any of his money on essentials or bills, got him really nice things. But that's all materialistic, superficial. He was never really there for Chuuya. There was hardly any bond, any brotherly love, nothing. It felt like their relationship was purely obligation.

You may think, what obligation? Chuuya was an adult, he could fend for himself. And even if he couldn't, its not like his older brother was his parent, he had no responsibility over the man. But he did have an obligation to their late mother, the one that Chuuya hardly remembered.