Chapter 63

Gray's POV:

I helped Juvia down the stairs, the guild was rowdy and loud as ever. Everyone was celebrating and going crazy, but Juvia looked exhausted and in pain. Looks like we'll miss out on all the fun, but her resting takes priority. Once we made it to the botom, Natsu, Lucy, Happy, and Erza rushed us.

Natsu: "So let's see the new mark!"

Happy: "Yeah, where'd you put it this time?!"

Juvia: "Well, I didn't."

Lucy: "You didn't get a new mark? But why? You aren't leaving the guild are you?"

Natsu & Happy: "YEAH YOU CAN'T LEAVE!"

Erza: "Relax you three, let her explain."

Juvia: *giggles "I'm not leaving the guild, I want the mark back on my leg."

Lucy: "A-are you sure?"

Juvia: "Yes. My body is covered in so many scars now. I'm... going to have to see them everyday. So I want my mark back to cover the scar that Elvia gave me. It will make it so she had never removed it from me and so that she will never be able to again."

She smiled so sweetly. In a way, I loved that she wanted to conquer the events that happened by taking back what was her's but at the same time it hurts. I'm still unable to comprehend the pain she went through, I can't imagine how all her wounds and scars make her feel.

Gray: "Well, no matter what happens next we promise we won't let anyone try and take you away again. Right?"

Whole Guild: "AYE SIR!"

Juvia: *crying "T-thank *hic  you."

Natsu: "NOW LET'S CELEBRATE!"

Whole Guild: "AYE SIR!"

Gray: "Sorry guys, we're gonna have to pass."

Lucy: "Oh no, how come?!"

Juvia: "I'm very tired and I'm in so much pain."

Erza: "Do you need to sit Juvia?"

Juvia: "No, I just want to get home."

Wendy: "Do you need help to Fairy Hills?"

Juvia: "No, I'm going to stay at Gray's."

I blushed immediately at what she said. And she hasn't realized what she even said yet. 

Natsu: "Oh yeah.~"

Natsu said smugly.

Happy: "Just the two of you alloooonnneee.~"

Happy retorted smugly.

Lucy: "And what will you two be doing?~"

Man, even Lucy is joining in.

Juvia: *flustered "Ah,n-no not l-like that! We jus-- I just t-thought it would b-be better if someone was there j-just in case."

Erza: "And were you planning on asking if she could stay with you?"

Erza glared at me.

Gray: "I didn't realize I needed permission, mom."

I looked away with a slight heat in my cheeks.

Erza: "Just get some rest okay Juvia?"

Juvia: "Y-yes of course."

Lucy, Natsu, and Happy stifled their laughs and smug. We waved goodbye to the group and carefully started walking out of the guild. When we reached the entrance and exited, standing next to the door was Gajeel who was leaning against the wall.

Gajeel: "Are you taking her home?"

Gray: "Yeah, she's tired and hurting."

Gajeel: "Can I talk to her really fast?"

Gray: "Uh, sure? I'll wait for you over there okay?"

I pointed to a building a little ways from the guild and handed Juvia's arm that was leaning on me to Gajeel.

Juvia's POV:

Gajeel walked me over to the side of guild slightly out of view from Gray. Before I could say anything, he wrapped me up in a huge hug. He was gentle as not to hurt me but still held me tightly.

Gajeel: "I was so worried about you."

Juvia: "I'm sorry I made you worry so much."

Tears slowly fell from my eyes and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Gajeel: "I thought you were actually dead and that I would never see you again."

Juvia: *crying "I'm so sorry, I know I worried you all. I'll always be here for you Gajeel, I promise."

Gajeel backed up and kept his arms wrapped around my waist. I moved my hands to rest on his chest. His cheeks had streaks of tears.

Gajeel: "I know. Next time kid, tell me everything so that I can protect you."

Juvia: *giggles "Promise."

Gajeel: "And if that ice pervert does anything wrong, let me know and I'll beat him."

Levy: *giggles "He's serious about that and so am I."

Juvia: "Levy."

Gajeel let me go while Levy hugged me.

Levy: "I'm so glad you're okay, welcome home Juvia."

Juvia: "Thank you."

Levy: "Now let's get you home, you look so tired."

Levy walked me over to Gray with Gajeel behind us. Gray took my arm and I leaned against him.

Levy: "Take care of her, okay?"

Gray blinked at her and nodded.