INTRODUCTION

Alec and Ellie have been through a lot. But what sort of hijinks will ensue when they end up in LA? And can they solve one very twisted case? (Uploaded mostly so my mom can read it, small edits may occur, as well as fixing of typos.)

A NOTE ABOUT TRIGGER WARNINGS: This is a murder mystery. I will provide trigger warnings, but if you find yourself upset by murder and crime, this likely isn't the story for you. It's not any worse than Law and Order or Chicago PD, and much less gross than Bones. You have been warned.

CONTINUITY NOTE: Story occurs two years after the events of Season 3. Alec and Ellie are partners with a reputation for solving unsolvable cases, specializing in murders but also taking other crimes. Alec bought his house in town; his daughter Daisy splits her time between her parents. Ellie lives with her sons Tom and Fred in the house she once shared with her husband. The town of Broadchurch now welcomes Ellie. The townsfolk have also adopted Alec as one of their own, despite him having no desire to belong. Both Alec and Ellie are still single, having gone on some truly disastrous dates. (Ages of children are approximate due to not knowing their birthdays.)

POV: third person limited, switching between Ellie, Alec, and other characters.

Dramatis Personae:

Alec Hardy: Detective Inspector of the Broadchurch Police Department, father of Daisy, work partner of Ellie Miller, ex-husband of DS Tess Hardy.

Ellie Miller: Detective Sergeant of the Broadchurch Police Department, mother of Fred and Tom, work partner of Alec Hardy, ex-wife Joe Miller,.

Tess Hardy: mother of Daisy, ex-wife of Alec Hardy, Detective Sergeant of Sandbrook Police Department

Fred Miller: son of Ellie and Joe Miller, five years old.

Tom Miller: son of Ellie and Joe Miller, fifteen years old.

Daisy Hardy: daughter of Alec and Tess Hardy, seventeen years old.

Detective Carlisle Sanchez (OC): Detective in the Los Angeles Police Department, in charge of the Three Ladies murder case.

Chief Michael Boden (OC): Chief of Police in district 42, in which the Three Ladies murders occurred.

Alice Tyler(OC): Detective Sanchez's secretary, possibly interested in Alec.

Alison Noble (OC): recent academy graduate. Not impressed with the Brits.