Chapter Thirty One - Cabin

I enter the airport with puffy eyes and a blotchy face. The pain in my chest is crippling and I work hard to keep my feet moving. If I stop I know I will turn back to Dean. I know I won't be able to leave him again. It almost killed me doing it once. The thought of not seeing him again makes me want to drop to my knees. So I keep moving. I check in, handing my suitcase over, and head to security.

The security line is long so I decide to get a coffee first. As I turn around I bump into someone who is standing directly behind me. My head collides into their chest and their hands grab my upper arms, a little too tight.

I move back to look at them, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to...." I start, but my words are halted when I see who I have collided with.

Jason.

My stomach drops, fear fills my lungs. I feel like I can't breathe. I feel like I can't move. How did he find me?

"Hello, darling" his cocky smile makes me shudder, "Where do you think you're going? Are you ditching me again Annie? I told you how I felt about that, didn't I?"

I can't speak, I am in shock.

"Oh Annie, you have always needed a little help remembering your manners" I hate the way he says my name it makes me want to vomit.

I open my mouth to say some thing but he cuts me off.

"Now come on, I'm going to take you home" he leans close to whisper in my ear and I can smell the alcohol on his breath.

I shake my head, "No..... no... I won't go with you...." I say, it comes out shaky, the fear evident in my voice.

"Now, now Annie. Don't make me even more angry at you than I already am, I think it's best not to make a scene" he lightly pulls his jacket back and I see a gun tucked into his waistband.

My eyes widen in fear. He keeps one hand gripped tightly on my upper arm, it hurts and I know there will bruise there.

I am led outside and to the carpark. He opens the door to a beaten up car and pushes me into the passenger side, locking the doors once he is in the drivers seat. We speed off, my hands fumble to get my seatbelt on. I have no idea how much he has had to drink, his driving has always been reckless and he is going far too fast.

My eyes frantically search the car park looking for Dean's car in the hopes he is still near, but I don't see him.

We are on the same road I came here, is he going back to Blackmoor Falls?

"Where are you taking me?" I ask

"Patience darling" he sneers.

After a while we turn off into a forest, I know by the travel time that we are still far from town.

Jason drives, swerving slightly causing me to flinch when he goes too close to the trees. I'm sure we are going to crash, in fact, I want to. Jason doesn't have his seatbelt on, if I grab the wheel I can maybe force us off the road, I'll be better protected than Jason so theres a chance I can escape.

As my hand lifts slightly we pull up to a small wooden cabin. It is the middle of nowhere. All I can see is trees. The dirt road continues to nothing.

My phone. My phone is in the side pocket of my backpack, which is at my feet now. As Jason stumbles out I quickly put it in my jacket pocket.

My door flies open and Jason grabs my arm pulling me up and throwing me in front of him, I trip but mange to keep myself upright.

"Inside" Jason says.

I open the door and go inside. It is actually cosy in here. I thought it would be a run-down, abandoned building but there is a wood burning fire, cosy sofa's and a quaint kitchen. It's all open plan and there is a door to the left of the house, which I presume is the bedroom. I notice the coffee table in the middle, it is full of several empty beer bottle, some have fallen on the floor and photographs. My stomach twist as I realise what they are. They are all of me. At the diner, at the bar, driving around town, with Mom, with Dean.