Chapter 10

Chapter Ten - Barbie, Rainbow Dash, and Emi's Appearance!

.

Today is one of the most exciting I've had so far, I'm in a coffee shop eating a delicious strawberry shortcake with Mom. After having 'won' an essay contest.

It all started a few days ago.

.

FLASHBACK

It all started while I was studying my geography book.

Did anyone know that New Mexico is not in Mexico?... Because, obviously, I do.

'CofThat'snottruecof.'

- "Emily! Heck" - I said out loud.

"Miss, you're about to finish high school, and you haven't learned geography yet."

Suddenly, Mom came screaming with joy to my room.- "Martha, I'm so happy for you!" - She hugged me with a letter in hand.

- "Ehh... Thanks?" - I answer, confused.

- "Sweetheart, why didn't you tell me? I would have asked for a vacation from my job." - She let me go, sitting up on the bed.

- "I'd also like you to tell me what you're talking about." - I sat down next to her.

- "Martha, don't pretend, you won an essay contest that had a trip as a prize." - She said, obviously.

- "I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Miss, don't you remember? A few months ago, you entered the contest to win a vacation for you and your mother. - She interrupted.

- "I did?" - I asked on the air.

"Of course, I think the lack of sleep is starting to get to you."

Am I the only one who imagines her staring at me as she held my shoulders? Nobody?

- "True, true! How clumsy." - I hit my head.

- "I don't think we can go on a trip, daughter. I didn't ask for days off."

"Don't worry, Elise, I've already taken care of that myself. Now you just have to pack, the flight leaves tomorrow."

- "Wonderful! Thank you, Emily! Daughter, pack, we'll get up early tomorrow." - She walked to the door.

After a few minutes.

- "Wait, what happened?" - I asked, very confused.

END OF FLASHBACK

.

Apparently, Emily came up with the magnificent idea of meeting Barbie live and in color, so she invented the supposed contest for us to travel here.

Honestly, I didn't feel like seeing him or meeting him, but during the flight, Emi sounded very excited about 'seeing him' so I decided to go along with it and well also because she said that if I didn't, she would accuse me with Mom about profiling her on a dating site.

I've created a monster!

- "What are we going to do now?" - I asked Mom.

- "I don't know, there aren't many things in this town, we can go to the library or go for a walk." - She shrugged.