0.6

arielle

after school i drove to the hospital to visit jack.

no vital organs were damaged, but sam gave him a fractured rib and a popped blood vessel in his nose.

i signed in as a visitor at the front desk and made my way up the stairs to his room.

my eyes scanned the hallway until they landed on jacks room number.

i gingerly walked over and lightly knocked, which was followed by a muffled and light 'come in'

i slowly opened the door and walked in, soon shutting the door behind me.

"hey!" i said smiling big towards jacks bruised body laying across the hospital bed.

"hey.." he said with little enthusiasm and a small smile.

"how do you feel?" i said whilst sitting on the edge of his hospital bed.

"like shit." he lightly chuckled.

"did your nose stop bleeding yet?"

"not really, it goes on and off. not the most enthusiastic surprise." he frowned

i sighed before opening my mouth to speak again.

"im sorry this had to happen." i said softly looking down at the ground.

"hey, its not your fault. im not roughed up too bad, ill be all better in no time."

i shrugged.

"im just tired of people getting hurt all the time."

we sat there in silence for a couple moments until i began to speak again.

"do you need anything? i can go down to the cafeteria if you'd like."

"i am actually a little hungry, the food the nurses brought me was shit, but just this once. i don't want you to be my beck and call."

"its fine jack. ill be right back with some food." i said getting up and walking out of his room.

i took the elevator down to the cafeteria and waited in line to order.

"hi, um, i guess ill have 1 grilled cheese and a coffee and water?" i ordered.

i stepped out of the order line and waited to the left of the cafe for my food.

i spotted a familiar face out of the corner of my eye and curiosity got the best of me as i turned my head to take a quick glance.

i shifted my jaw before walking closer to the pickup line and stopping right next to the one and only.

"do you follow me everywhere or is this just a coincidental thing?" i said sarcastically while furrowing my eyebrows.

sam looked up from his phone to look at me.

"oh hey arielle." he said semi-surprised

"hi sam." i said flatly

"and actually, no, im here for my brother. he's 2 months in from being diagnosed with leukemia."

"o-oh, im so sorry sam i didn't know.." i said awkwardly tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"yea, i bet you are.." he said quietly as he grabbed his food and walked out of the cafeteria

AN: that was awkward as shit to right and a crappy ass ending but i wrote this quick because i wanted to get a chapter done? aight i stayed up all night and im tired as shiiiiiiii so pceee.