Would I Look Good With A Top Knot?

"Talk"

'Thought'
___________

"Mirai Saiko!"

"Mirai Saiko!"

"Mirai Saikoooooo!"

Early in the morning, a barely-awake Aki Hayakawa was met with a very strange sight when he woke up this morning - and that sight involved Dante casually dancing with a devil that somewhat resembled a tree.

"Mirai Saiko, the Future Rules, la la la~"

He was known as the Future Devil, and as his name implies, he really loves the future, which is why he was dancing about it; however, Hayakawa didn't know why the Devil Hunter was dancing with the demonic tree.

"... Why are you here, Future Devil? I don't remember summoning you."

Aki decided not to worry about the dancing red coat man and simply asked why his contract was here, which caught his partner's attention.

"It's Because You Broke Our Contract!"

The Future Devil then suddenly stopped dancing and quickly looked at Top Knot with extreme annoyance and anger.

"Wait, you made a contract with a Devil? Isn't that usually the number one thing you shouldn't do with them?"

Dante looked confused now, unable to understand why his teammate would do such a thing.

"I'm not sure if it's the same here, but in Japan it's almost required for us to make contracts with Devil's, so that we can use their powers and service to fight other Devils."

Aki quickly explained and tried to dash any worries or doubts that the Devil Hunter might have about him, though he still couldn't help but frown and somewhat disapprove of the situation.

"But Since He Broke Our Original Deal, He's Not Allowed To Use It Anymore!"

The Future Devil huffed and looked away with a grumpy expression, crossing his arms and softly growling to himself.

"What do you mean, how did I even break off from our arrangement?"

Aki genuinely did not know what the demonic tree was talking about and was trying to figure out what he meant or if he had broken any rules.

"You've changed your future, Aki Hayakawa, I don't know how you did it, but your death that was once prophesied is no more."

What the Future Devil said made Hayakawa go wide-eyed in shock; no doubt leaving him completely speechless with this unexpected revelation.

"Ah, well since you're no longer needed, I guess you can go back to Hell, hm?"

Dante already had Ebony out and aimed his black gun at the face of the fortune-telling devil, no doubt planning to kill him.

"A-Actually, I wish to make a new deal with you!"

The Future Devil quickly panicked once he realized he was about to be killed; he quickly tried to make a new contract with them, though that only earned him having a gun pushed against his face.

"Sorry, but not interested-"

Before Dante could ignore whatever he was about to be offered and simply shoot the demonic tree, Top Knot gently grabbed his arm and pushed his gun away from the tree.

"What are you offering?"

Aki wasn't entirely against the idea of killing his ex-contract, but he just couldn't ignore what the devilish fortune teller had to say to them, much to his partner's annoyance for wanting to make another deal.