Chapter 2: House and Dogs

Luke smiled at the little girl she was on the chair her hurt arm resting on the pillow and her hair a little messy. Austin had helped clean her face a little before she fell asleep, but she was sleeping like an angle after that. Though slowly her face went into a pained look. They would be landing soon. So, Luke got up to wake her up. He also didn't want her having a bad dream, which it seemed she was falling into.

"Penny," Luke woke her gently, but the moment he touched her arm Penny's eyes shot open, and she sat up almost butting heads with him. He moved back fast before that happened, her wild eyes looking around confused then pausing on Luke. Luke held up his hands like he would a distraught horse.

"Woah, It's okay, Penny. Calm down, it's me. Your brother. Luke." He said everything calmly.

She paused and rubbed her eyes. After some sleep was rubbed away, Penny paused and looked down instantly playing with her hand.
"M'sorry," she said softly. Luke sat by her and moved her hair out of her face. She had been sleeping the entire time.

She paused at the gentle touch and not the harsh scolding she normally got from falling asleep during the day. She look out the window and paused. There was a city below. Curious she looked out the window more.

"Where are we?"

"The city you see below is Wichita Falls. That's our city," he said. She didn't know what to think though anxiety was slowly forming in her stomach. Austin smiled at her, he snapped a quick photo of them, Luke was near her but not crowding her. She was pressed against the window looking out and around. Though the height and the feeling of vomit. She tried to drink the water fast to see if that helped and it didn't.
She moved, shoving Luke out of the way and ran to the toilet throwing up. Austin was there, as was Luke, though Austin was holding her hair back. As she mainly threw up bile and water into the toilet.

"Penny?"

"I don't like heights," she said tears dripping from her face. She moved out of the bathroom. Austin cleaned off her face and Luke came over with some ginger ale. She sipped on it lightly. She tugged on her cast.

"It itchy?" Austin asked, gently holding her hand.

"It hurts,"

"I know sweetheart," Austin said, "It is about time for your pain medication, let's grab that and have you take it."

"Okay," She sniffled. After a few minutes of looking at some photos of her brothers, Austin was pointing them out and who they were, though she was sure she wasn't going to remember anyone for a bit. She was watching a video of Holton barrel racing in last year's tournament. He won 2nd place.

"Okay, time to sit properly. We are descending," Luke said, helping her move to sit properly in the chair she had been in. He took the one next to her though.

"Descending? Going down. Why?"

"We have to land to get home."

Penny was fine with that, though she has decided that landing was a lot worse than the actual takeoff. She screamed when she heard a bang from under the jet and quickly grabbed Luke's large arm, and tears that had already been pooling in her eyes fell down her cheeks.

"It's alright, it's just the landing gear," he reassured her. Rubbing her back and holding her close as she hiccupped. She was closing her eyes tight, as tears just fell. Penny sucked in a breath, when she saw the black road and started holding onto his arm tighter and tighter, her nails digging into him. Luke thought if she was actually stronger his circulation for his hand would be more cut off, her nails though might start drawing blood soon if she held on any tighter. The plane bounded a little and she looked pale. That's when he noticed she was holding her breath.