Chapter 12

It was a beautiful day at the butterfly mansion. Aoi was cooking, The boys were in rehabilitation, Lady Kocho was experimenting with poisons, Kanao was alone.

Tsuyuri was in the front yard, she felt someone behind her. It was a kid, with a familiar boar head.

"Kanao" He took off his mask to reveal his girly face

"Inosuke-san, is there a problem?" she asked politely

"Aoi isn't a demon slayer. . . but . . ." he took a deep breath in "WHEN WE FIND THAT DAMNED DEMON YOU'RE HELPING THE KING OF THE MOUNTAINS KILL HIM, AREN'T YOU?" He yelled

"That isn't even a question, Inosuke-san. I'm helping you and nee-san behead him even from the heavens" She said confidently. "You better get out of that battle alive, or Aoi nee-san will be heart broken" She spoke up again "We will avenge kanae nee-san and Kotoha-chan"

"Kotoha" he looked down, then he processed what's she said "OH HELL YEAH WE WILL"

"I'm sure you two will" Aoi said from behind them, smiling "Even though I won't be able to assist the two of you, I know in my heart that you can do it. Now come inside and eat."

"Okay nee-san" Kanao said cutely

Inosuke ran past Kanao in a flash to the kitchen "YA'LL ARE SLOW AS THEY GET" he teased

Later on Aoi was in the garden again

She was expecting someone to try and scare her from behind, these last few weeks it was quite the common occurrence. Little to her surprise she turned around to see Inosuke standing behind her.

"Aoi" He called out

"What's wrong?" she said apathetically

"Monjiro told me you quit being a demon slayer" He missed Tanjiros' name by a mile

"I did, why do you ask?" She asked formally

"Why'd ya do it then?" He asked curiously, his head was tilted

Aoi sighed "I wasn't good at it, besides the corps isn't the place for me"

"I've seen you kill a demon before, and amazingly" He made a fist and lightly pressed it against her head

"That was the first time I'd fought in years"

"GODDAMN IT WOMAN, YOU WERE TRAINED BY A DAMN HASHIRA, YOU CAN'T JUST THROW THAT ALL AWAY TO BE A HOUSEKEEPER" He scolded her. He looked at her angrily "That's it! You're fighting with me, no excuses!" He dragged her outside to the training yard of the butterfly mansion. Kanao walked in on Inosuke dragging her to the yard "Oi Kanao! Where's Aoi's' Nichirin sword?"

Kanao was taken aback from the question, she pointed to the umbrella stand which they used for their swords.

Aoi was beyond surprised

A familiar face entered the butterfly mansion. He walked past the master bedroom and saw the three teenagers in the training yard. He hid behind the wall and peeked at them.

Inosuke threw the sword in it's sheath at Aoi who barely caught it.

"Inosuke, are you sure this is a good idea? I mean this might be a mistake"

"WELL I'M NOT READY TO ACCEPT THAT I CAN MAKE MISTAKES JUST YET, 'KAY?" He yelled

The man watching at the doorway out of sight clenched his fist, don't yell at my-' his thoughts were interrupted

Inosuke started his beast breathing technique "BEAST BREATHING FIFTHE FORM! CRAZY CUTTING" He charged at Aoi who crossed her legs and moved out of the way professionally, placing her palm on his back as he ran past her. "I AIN'T GOING EASY, GOT IT?"