Chapter 4

Aoi heard a deep crash from the patients room

This woke her up and Kanao from the other side of the room on her bed heard it too, they both got up and rushed through the patients room. They rushed in to see 4 figures looming there, they were clearly demons. How the hell did demons get into the butteerfly mansion?

Inosuke and Zenitsu were already up on their feet (Zenitsu was on his feet, but that doesn't neccissarily mean he was awake) , Tanjiro was no where to be seen. Kanao found her sword in the umbrella stand. She rushed over there and grabbed it. She got a closer look at one of the demons, it had a scary looking face with pupils that were smaller that a speck of dust.

She made a stance with her sword after releasing her Nichirin sword "Flower breathing Fifth form: Peonies Of Futility" she ran at one of the demon, her form did little to nothing to the demon.

The demon raised his hands up to his shoulders and used his demon blood art to cut Kanao multiple times at her arms and legs with what seemed like nothing. Kanao stood up immediately, limping and holding one of her cuts with one hand and holding her Katana with another.

Zenitsu appeared in front of her in his sleep in an instant "Thunder breathing first form: Thunderclap and flash" he appeared in front of the demon with an arrow of thunder and lightning, beheading it.

Aoi stared at Zenitsu in shock, how powerful was this boy when his nerves didn't kick in? She felt upset with herself for leaving the demon slayer corps and still having the nerve to wear the demon slayer uniform under her nurses dress.

Inosuke watched Zenitsu and spoke up "I'm not letting you take all of the attention, Monitsu" he uneashed his two swords "beast breathing Seventh form: Spatial awareness" He spread his arms out, sensing the demon.

He ran at it with precision and beheaded it after multiple cuts, aoi gazed at him in amazement, how cool could he get? Kanao went ahead to behead the third demon as she ran towards it she saw Tanjiro on the floor, unconscious. She looked angry for a moment and charged towards the demon with a stance.

"Flower breathing Fifth form: Peonies of futility" she charged towards it with flowers surrounding her blade, the demon blocked it within an instant. It threw a normal punch to Kanao's gut, it didn't go through her but it sent her crashing to the floor.

"KANAO!" Aoi screamed, at that moment she felt uncontrollably furious, she couldn't wait for lady Kocho to return, she was on a mission. Aoi's veins were popping through her forehead at this point. She ran over to Kanao's sword, which was stabbed into the floor of the room.

She ran in front of the demon and started her form "Water breathing seventh form: Water wheel" Aoi pointed Kanao's sword upwards and ran towards the demon, doing a front flips surrounded by water coming from her swords. She concentrated, the demon's head slipped of within an instant. The form did well, Kanao and Aoi had the same coloured nichirin swords, so this stance beheaded the demon intantly. Aoi landed on her feet, huffing and puffing through her mouth, as if she hadn't been breathing for the past hour. She caught the sight of the demons beheaded head on the ground "I . . . did it?"

Tanjiro appeared in front of her after a second, he saw Kanao on the ground and the demons head "Did Kanao behead the demon?" he asked Aoi

"No, I did. . ." she answered hoping she didn't sound like she was bragging

"See! I knew you were a skilled demon slayer!" Tanjiro exclaimed "Wait, what breathing style can you use?"

"Water breathing" she answered, still staring at the demon and Kanao

"Cool! So can I!"

"Tanjiro, behead the last demon please, I'll take care of Kanao-sama" she ordered

"Yes ma'am"

"TOO LATE MONJIRO" Inosuke yelled with the last demons head in his hand, and smirk on his face

"That's fine, I'm tired anyway" Tanjiro said, going back to sleep

"MONJIRO THERE'S ONE MORE DEMON, DON'T GO TO SLEEP" Inosuke yelled

"Aoi-san killed it" Tanjiro answered, as Aoi was treating Kanao on one of the spare patient beds

"DON'T LIE MONJIRO, AOI ISN'T EVEN A DEMON SLAYER" he replied in his face

"She used to be one, she can still use breathing styles though"

Inosuke saw the demon's head on the floor "COOL"

"Ah, Inosuke, stop yelling, you're going to wake someone up"

Inosuke walked up to Aoi "Did you really kill that demon?"

"Yes, first demon I've killed in a year now" Aoi answered, treating Kanao's wounds

"Then why aren't you a demon slayer, you aren't old, are you?"

"I'm just a coward"

"If you beheaded that demon doesn't that make you not a coward?"

"That's called instinct"

Zenitsu walked up to Aoi "Aoi-san, who taught you water breathing?"

A smile appered on her face "Tomioka-san did"

Tanjiro walked over to her "But Tomioka-san sent me to Urokadaki, why'd he teach you yourself?"

"He was fine with me, he understood that I was really responsible and obedient, so he took me under his wing"

"I wish I had him to teach me, not to say anything bad about Urokdaki-san" he clarified "Did he teach you his eleventh form?" he asked, hoping Aoi would show him the next morning

"Me and him are really different, Tomioka-san's eleventh form is something he could only do himself. If I told you how it works, you'd worry for him, and he hates that."

"But why?" zenitsu asked

"That's classified information" Aoi replied

"Fine" Tanjiro rolled his eyes, he was going to ask Giyuu about it the next day for sure

The sun started to rise