Green Eyes

@𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘬1𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘫_ ...

"My mind says move on..."

I jumped out of my sleep to the sound of my alarm, I groaned loudly hitting the snooze button and turning over closing my eyes again, before I knew it the alarm was going off.

I slowly got myself out of bed rubbing my eyes. I went to the bathroom turning the shower on.

I brushed my teeth, and washed my face before getting into the shower sighing loudly. The warm water was slowly putting me back to sleep.

"Onika!" My dad banged on the door. "Hurry up if I'm taking you to school today!" He shouted.

"Okay!" I managed to yell back.

I finished my shower somehow and got dressed. I decided to wear black leggings, a grey hoodie with my black puffer over, and some grey pair of Jordan's my dad got me. I'm not into shoes like that so he does most of the shoe shopping for me. I like shoes like Uggs, slides, etc.

I grabbed my tote bag and waited for my dad, when he came out his room, he was dressed in his work clothes.

We left almost immediately. He stopped at a McDonald's getting me a hashbrown and a carmel frappe.

We finally made it to my school, so I kissed him on the cheek before getting out. I sighed out loud not wanting to be here, it was character day, and everyone was dressed up except me.

"Onikaaa!" Lauren came up to me. "Guess what I am." She posed.

"Uh..."

"I'm Kim possible, duhhh." She rolled her eyes playfully. "Jhene is Felicia from Friday, she grabbed all of that shit from her closet, I promise you."

"Oh."

"Why didn't you dress up? You could've been that famous bitch with the big ass."

"There's a lot of those."

"The one who raps—y'all look just alike, I promise you."

"Lil Kim?"

"Fuck no, don't say no shit like that again." Lauren shook her head. "Ima find out, just wait."

"Ookayy..."

"You and Jhene need to go back being friends, we could've been matching today." Lauren whined.

"Mm."

"I mean if I'm being honest...I did tell you to tell Jhene and not just me." Lauren shrugged.

I nodded before walking away but then I got stopped by Solána. "Hey, Nicki, I wanna apologize for the other day. I was annoyed, but I'm glad you're okay. If I wasn't the way I was yesterday I wouldn't have let you walk home."