Chapter 53

As we arrive at Snowpoint City, we find Cynthia there and she's talking to a sailor. We greet her and she says, "I thought you would come. I'm glad I waited for you! I think it's good that our world is constantly changing. Of course, I don't want it to become what only one person wants. A world like Cyrus envisions...No one would want that. The kind of world I want to see is where everyone can share their joy. Where Pokémon and the people around them can be happy for each other. I want the world to become a place where everyone is smiling. The world could be so much better if we all tried to make it that way. I want you to keep traveling to many far-off places. I want you to keep meeting all kinds of people and Pokémon."

"So you came all the way here just so you can say that to us?" Gladion asks.

"Yes, and your horizons will expand again if you visit the Fight Area as well. I hope our paths cross again!" Then she leaves, and we all get to the S.S. Spiral as we head to the Fight Area.

"Oh, hey, guys! What took you so long? I'm fining you 100 million dollars! Listen up. I'm going to become the greatest Trainer ever. That's why I'm here-to toughen up myself and my Pokémon!" Barry says.

"That's cool. So how are you going to train here?" Dawn asks.

"Obviously, there are these two guys who have been coming from Sunyshore and they're helping me train." Barry says.

"Well if it isn't Ash and Lillie?" And we're surprised to find Volkner and Flint there. I say, "Flint, Volkner! What are you doing here?"

"It is nice to see you two, congratulations on winning the Sinnoh League." Volkner says.

Barry says, "You see, my Dad's trying to relocate the Battle Tower and Volkner is a mechanical guy who can help out. And Flint's here because I told them that you'll be here."

Flint says, "You had me counting the days on my fingers waiting for you to come. You are the one who managed to light a fire in that guy's heart again. How could you not expect me to look forward to seeing you in battle?"

"Of course, how about we get this started? Considering that we already have two medals from Aaron and Bertha already."

Then I go first and Flint starts with Rapidash, and I decide to go with Rampardos. Rapidash starts with the Sunny Day before turning into Solar Beam, but Rampardos dodges the attack and lands a Zen headbutt.

"Solar Beam is a Grass move, just think how much damage it would take if it hits..." Daniel says.

"Quick, Rapidash! Use Bounce!" Rapidash leaps into the air and comes crashing down towards Rampardos with a powerful Bounce attack.

"Rampardos, dodge and counter with Head Smash!" Rampardos manages to evade Rapidash's Bounce and counters with a devastating Head Smash. The powerful Rock-type move lands a critical hit on Rapidash, causing significant damage. Then it tries to go with Flare Blitz, which is countered by Headbutt, and the powerful collision sends Rapidash flying, and it hits the ground, unable to battle.

"You really are something, how about we do something different? I'll be facing you with my balanced type team instead of my fire type." Flint says.

"That sounds good to me." I say back, and he decides to go with Steelix.

"A Steelix... that's a Steel and Ground Type..." Barry says.

I have Rampardos go for Head Smash, but it doesn't seem to affect Steelix that much, and Steelix goes for Fire Fang, boosted by the sun which gives Rampardos the burn.

"This is not going to be good. Ramparods! Swords Dance and then Assurance!" I try to boost my attack to go through Steelix, but it goes for Screech to stop my tracks and finish with Rock Tomb.