5. it was fate

***

March 22, 2024 - Melbourne

Following the Maranello incident, Antoinette and Charles found themselves engaging in more frequent conversations. Previously, their exchanges were occasional, primarily centered around checking in on each other's well-being.

Antoinette was in Melbourne for a photoshoot while Charles had an upcoming race. Unfortunately, a conflicting commitment awaited her: an early morning flight to London, which meant she couldn't be present at the race, despite Charles offering her passes.

She grasped her phone, her fingers instinctively finding his contact and tapping it.

kachoww!

good luck on fp today leclerc!!

Thank you dcc :)
I wanna see youu

i do too :(
how does early dinner sound?
my shoot finishes at 4

Shall I pick you up at 5:30 then?

perfect! my hotel is xxx, see u ;)

See you, mademoiselle!

As Antoinette looked out of the car window at the bustling scene around Albert Park, a strong desire welled up inside her to be one of those spectators, eagerly counting down the days until Monaco. Soon enough, she was at the building for her photoshoot.

*

Antoinette felt the pressure mounting as she made her fifth attempt to apply her eyeliner. Normally, this task came effortlessly to her, with both eyes perfectly lined in a single, graceful stroke. It seemed the anticipation of seeing Charles had momentarily disrupted her usually 'effortlessly elegant' routine.

At 5:15, Charles's message lit up her phone, announcing his close arrival. With precious little time left for a hairdo, she quickly pulled her locks into a casual ponytail. Antoinette opted for a stylish yet effortlessly chic ensemble - a white button-up shirt with a few strategically undone buttons, a classic black skirt, and the perfect finishing touch with her beloved buckled Mary Jane pumps from Charles and Keith. She couldn't forget her favorite Van Cleef necklace, too.

Antoinette grabbed a Chanel bag after careful consideration and made her way to the elevator, strutting faster than she would have liked to admit

Antoinette grabbed a Chanel bag after careful consideration and made her way to the elevator, strutting faster than she would have liked to admit. She greeted the starstruck bellhop as she went in, and signed his hat for him. She admired the dedication of some people.

Antoinette was greeted by the sight of Charles casually leaning against a stunning red 458 Italia. She let out a low whistle. "Showing off now, are we?" she teased, to which Charles responded with a chuckle. "A fine ride for a fine lady," he quipped as he courteously opened the passenger door for her.