Meaningful Conversation (Ashton)

Ashton:

"Ashton, what are your religious beliefs?" You had asked one day. You were curious, since you had very strong religious beliefs.

"I'm not really sure. Is there a God? Are there multiple Gods? Is there no God at all? Did we really originate from apes? I think I have too many questions to stick with one religion." He stated as he looked up from his phone.

"I'm a Christian." You spoke confidently.

"I can tell by the cross around your neck." He smiled.

"I believe in God, the creator of Heaven, earth, and all. I believe in God's only begotten son, Jesus Christ. I believe He died for our sins, and we can only be cleansed with the blood of Christ. I also believe in the Holy Spirit. I believe He is with us at all times by the power of the Holy Spirit. I believe we all have a purpose and a plan decided by God. If God brings us to it, He will bring us through it. Christians normally are looked down on. I'm not sure if it is because we show our faith, or if it's because people want to get away from what was a popular religion at one time. My parents didn't force me to go to church, and I didn't go to please them. I went because I knew God wanted me to, and I wanted a better fellowship with him. Would you like to go to church with me one day?" You had worked up the courage to ask after the rant you said.

"Um, I'm not sure. Don't people at church not like tattoos and stuff like that?" He glanced at the tattoo on his wrist.

"Who cares if they like it? They may not agree with what people do, but only God can judge you. True Christians know not to judge others. If we judge someone for a sin of theirs, we do no good since we have sins of our owns. We all mess up sometimes, and God understands. That's why when we're saved, our sins are washed away. Every night before I sleep, I pray for God to forgive me for the sins I commit each day. Christians aren't perfect. Saints have a past, and sinners have a future." You spoke from experience. Sometimes churches can be corrupt by worldly things and cause chaos within the church.

"I can give it a try." He smiled again.

"If you feel like I'm forcing my religion down your throat, I promise I'm not trying to. I just want you to see what I believe in." He nodded and hugged me.

"It's nice when people have strong beliefs towards something. If we stand for nothing, we'll fall for anything."

**

I have a little something to say about this update. I'm sorry if this offends anyone's religious beliefs. I am a Christian, and I am not ashamed of it. I couldn't write this on another religion because I honestly do not know much about other religions.

If you ever have any questions about Christianity of how to become a Christian or even why I'm a Christian, I can answer. You can also ask for any advice, because I like helping others.