Chapter 9: Dinner Disaster

" Right this way please." The waiter smirked to Annella as Kaden stiffened and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him with a glare to the waiter. They walked over to the a table that was hidden from the rest of the place to give them privacy. Kaden pulled out Annella's chair and motioned for her to sit down and as she did, he pushed the chair into her.

" Thank you." She whispered as Kaden smirked and walked over to his seat.

" Hello, my name is Joe and I will be your server today. The soup is Mushroom and Tarragon and the chefs special Pasta Pollo. Can I get you guys anything to drink?" Joe the waiter asked placing to black menus in front of them and pulling out his small note pad and pen.

" I would like a Diet Cola and a glass of water." Annella smiled to him and he smirked to her with a hint of lust within his eyes. Kaden felt anger growing in him as he watched the waiter clearly undress her with his eyes.

" I will have the same thanks." Kaden spoke with a deep growl in his voice, his jaw clenched at him as the waiter nodded and walked away. But not without glancing over at Annella again. Annella reached into her bag and pulled out a long thick case, she opened it and pulled out a pair of wide lens glasses with black thick frames. She put them onto the bridge of her nose and picked up her menu. Kaden smiled gently at how beautiful she looked wearing glasses, they made her look sexy and sophisticated. Kaden ripped his gaze away and picked up his own menu quickly scanning over the choices that were there. Kaden watched as Annella concentrated as her eyes closed slightly and she bit the inside of her lip.

" So what is taking your fancy?" Kaden asked smiling to her as her eyes looked up to him above her glasses. Kaden's breath caught in his throat at the effect this look gave him.

" I like the sound of the Pasta Meatballs." She spoke and placed her menu down as Kaden nodded gently and turning his eyes back to the list of different foods. "You?"

" I think... I will have... The... Lasagna sounds nice." Kaden said nodding happy with his choice and put down the menu. Joe then walked back over to their table with the drinks and placed white square napkins down before placing the cold drinks on top of them.

" Are you ready to order?" Joe asked more to Annella, who nodded to the man. Kaden's jaw clenched again and his balled his fists under the table, trying to restrain himself from hitting the man right there and then.

" Yes, My Fiancee, will have the Pasta and Meatballs while I would like the Lasagna." Kaden glared at Joe who nodded and collected the menus and scurried off, all while Kaden continued to glare at him. Annella pulled his gaze to her by clearing her throat, Kaden looked to her with the scowl still on his face but it soon moved to a small smile to her.

" What was that about?" Annella asked raising her eyebrow to him questioning his actions he just completed.

" He was basically undressing you with his eyes." Kaden frowned and looked to to his lap. "It annoyed me."

" Well it is no excuse for being rude." Annella scolded him as Kaden chuckled.

" Oh, Princess. I never want any man to think of those things about you." Kaden explain with his right forearm resting on the white cloth of the table.

" Really?" Annella asked slightly surprised at his reasoning. You would think being forced into a marriage to someone you have never seen before, you would try and get on their bad side in order to break up the agreement. But here Kaden was, being protective and possessive.

" Yes, only I am allow to think such things about you." Kaden smirked to her sending butterflies to a frenzy within her stomach as her cheeks burst into a deep red. Kaden laughed at her reaction to his words.

" God your blush is adorable." Kaden spoke in complete awe of the woman before him. "I could not have wished for a more stunningly beautiful than you." Kaden smiled to her with a genuine glint in his eyes.

" Are you trying to turn my into a tomato!" Annella squealed covering her cheeks from him. Kaden laughed wholesomely for the first time in a long time as he placed a hand on his chest trying to calm himself down. "Kaden..." Annella whined at him.

" I'm sorry, Princess. Your just to cute." Kaden told her with a smile as his laughter died down. It was not too long later that Joe rushed up to their table with a frantic look upon his face.

" You both need to leave now!" Joe spoke quickly as he pulled Annella to her feet then looked to Kaden who was glaring once again.

" What are you doing!" Kaden yelled to him as he launched himself up from his plush chair. Just as he went to grab Joe, a gun shot echoed through the air.

" Run..." Joe whispered before he sunk to the floor still and unmoving. Red blood seeping onto his white white from his back over his heart. Annella was stunned for a moment before she let out a blood curdling scream. This was the first time she had witnessed a death with her own eyes.

" Shit." Kaden muttered as he rushed over to Annella and grabbed her hand ready to pulled her out the restaurant but was stopped when four large men dress in black suits with no ties stood facing them with guns pointing their way. Annella's eyes widened as Kaden pulled her behind him.

" Who are you? What the hell do you want?" Kaden growled to the men who were smirking to him.

" Have a guess, niñito.(Little boy)" One of the men hissed a in strong Spanish accent.

" Of course, I should have known that bastard would pull something like this." Kaden growled as he reached behind him and pulled a pistol out from his waistcoat, quickly pointing it at the four men and pulling the trigger before they could react. They dropped dead to the ground with holes now in their heads as the place came to a complete stand still.

" Annella?" Kaden asked putting the safety clip back in and put it into his waist belt again and turned to Annella who's face was pale.

" Baby? Are you alright?" Kaden asked as he put his hands on her upper arms as her eyes glazed over. She was shaking violently under his grasp and Kaden could hear her irregular breathing signalling she was having a panic attack. Her knees buckled from the lack of energy as Kaden held her in his arm, dipping to the ground with her.

" Annella! Princess please talk to me." He asked scanning over her to check for any injuries, finding none. "Deep breaths, Baby girl. I'm gonna take you home, darling." Kaden whispered softly as he scooped her up and into his arms bridal style. He felt Annella lay her head closer into his chest as he leaned his head down to place a soft and reassuring kiss onto the top of her head.

" I will always protect you." He whispered walking away from the scene of death with the woman he was falling hopelessly and completely in love with. One that he would give his life to protect at all costs.