Chapter 16: Wedding dress

"There all finished" Jessie spoke as the ladies stepped away from Mary and Annella, eying their work with approval nods. They woman then pulled the pair to their feet and moved them so they could put the dresses on.

" Can we see our hair and makeup?" Mary asked only to be shot down as quickly as she asked.

" Okay, Annella. Put this garter on." Jean spoke handing her a hoop of material and Annella pulled it onto her left leg with a tinted blush upon her cheek. Mary could only laugh at her innocent friend's uncomfortable feelings.

" Now lets get you ladies dressed, The wedding starts in thirty minutes!" Jean squealed happily as she handed the bridesmaid dress over to Mary, The purple material hung softly over her frame with The ruffles were delicate with a jeweled clip under her left breast.

" Now put these shoes on and you can have a look in the mirror." Jean spoke to her as she nodded and pulled on her silver heeled shoes. Mary then walked over to the mirror and smiled happily. Her hair was curled slight more than normal with her make up down gently. Her pink cheeks complimented her ginger hair and her eye shadow brought out her eyes.

" Mary-Elizabeth. I hope your are not trying to out do me on my big day." Annella teased with a raised eyebrow and her hands on her hip. Mary laughed softly and shook her head.

" I couldn't even if I tried." Mary answered back as Jean walked over to Annella with her dress in hand. Annella smiled and pulled off her bathrobe and allowed Jean to lift it over her head and pull it down into place. Jean moved it around before rounding to the back and buttoning up the buttons.

" I changed the buttons to diamonds. Your father's orders." Jean spoke softly as Annella nodded. She did not mind the pearls but no doubt the diamonds look better with the dress if Jean agreed. Mary smiled and walked over to her holding a pair of silk white heels in her hands. Annella lifted up the bottom of her dress and Mary helped slip them on.

" You look stunning." Anna spoke for the first time in a while as the girls looked to Annella. Mary had her hand over her chest with a proud smile.

" Annella, you look like an angel." Mary whispered happily as tears welled up in her eyes.

" Come, come see." Jean took her arm and pulled her to the mirror. Annella eyed the woman before her amazed that it was even her. The delicate, feminine gown adorned with exquisite sequin embroidered lace and shimmering metallic threading and plunging illusion back. Sparkling Swarovski crystals and opalescent pearls adorn the illusion cap-sleeves and back of the sheath wedding dress. It was stunning and Jean stood behind her smiling. Annella felt ill slightly as she placed a hand over her stomach to calm her down.

This was really happening... She really was fifteen minutes away from pledge herself to a man she has only known for six days. She let out a steady breath and a knock sounded from the door to her room. Jessie went over and opened it to reveal Antonio standing smiling in a deep grey suit and a purple tie. Jessie greeted him and stepped aside to allow him into the room, Antonio stopped as soon as his eyes fell upon his angel.

" Papa." Annella smiled to him as his hand went up to his mouth as tears formed in his eyes. This was his baby girl, grown up and dress to complete perfection.

" Annella, princess. You look out of this world." He whispered as he walked over and took her hands into his own.

"Thank you." She whispered to him smiling up, even with her heels on, she was still slightly shorter than him.

" Here," Antonio spoke reaching into his left pocket. "Something old." He whispered pulling out a diamond necklace, it was simple and elegant with one medium sized diamond in the centre and two on either side.

" It was your grandmother's, my mother's." He whispered to her as he pulled it onto her neck. It went perfectly with her dress.

" It's beautiful. Thank you papa." Annella smiled to her gently. He the. Reached into his right pocket and pulled out an envelope and a small velvet box.

" Kaden asked if I could give you this." He told her and handed over the items. Annella smiled and opened the envelope to pull out a cream colour piece of paper folded in half. She unfolded the sheet and looked up the beautiful neat handwriting.

My Princess,

I cannot wait until I see you walk down the aisle, I have no doubt in my mind that you will be the most stunning bride there will ever be. And I am the luck man to find myself at the end of the aisle.

The first time I saw you in school, I knew then and there I wanted to win your heart. But I also knew that that would most likely be one of the hardest tasked I would ever have.

The box I have sent to you holds something that I should have given you at least six days ago. It would not be right if you walked down that aisle without it. Think of it as something new as part of your attire.

I cannot wait until I finally get to see you, my angel,

Your truly,
Kaden.

Annella smiled as she reached over and opened the small square box to find a diamond ring in the centre. The ring her a large diamond in the centre with smaller diamonds encrusted into the silver band of the ring. It was beautiful as Annella gently pulled it out from the box and slipped it into her ring finger.

" Let me see!" Mary called rushing over and grabbing her hand and looking at the ring. Mary's mouth fell open at it and then formed into a smile.

" God your so lucky!" Mary spoke running a finger over the large diamond.

" Hey Kaden has a brother you know." Annella smirked to Mary who's head snapped up to look at her.

" Really! Is he cute? Is he single? Ohh I bet he's amazing..." She began to ramble on in her own little world as Annella smiled at her friends.

" Okay now you have something old, something new. Now we just need something blue and something borrowed." Antonio spoke with a smile.

" The blue is this." Jean said as she handed over a bouquet of flower. White roses matched with thistles and heather, along with several other native Scottish plants and strips of tartan. A single blue rose sat in the middle of the hanging bouquet.

" It's wonderful." Annella spoke as Jean reached into another box and pulled out a long veil.

" This can be your something borrowed." Jean spoke as she pinned the veil to her hair with Goldie's help.

" There, now you are ready." Jean whispered as they all stood back and admired Annella completely. Antonio smiled and stepped forward to her.

" Are you ready?" He asked her and she nodded to him softly. Antonio extend his arm for Annella too take and then lead her out the room with Mary trailing closely behind with her mini bouquet of the one Annella had.