Chapter 17: Church And Vows

Annella sat with Antonio in the second white Rolls Royce phantom car as they drive through Venice. When they gained closer to Saint Mark's Basilica Annella could see people had lined the streets to watch her.

" Papa? Are you really this famous in Italy?" Annella asked stunned at the amount of bystanders. Antonio chuckled lit as he gripped her hand tightly to reassure her.

" In Italy we are pretty much like royalty." He informed her as her hands began to shake.

" Bambina, calm down. You will be absolutely fine." Antonio told her and kissed her temple closet to him. Annella looked down and closed her eyes as the car pulled to a gently stop.

" Papa." She muttered softly as she saw the flashing of all the cameras. Antonio looked to his daughter and smiled. He pulled the veil over her face and nodded.

" Courage, Princess." He whispered and reached for the handle of his door.n"wait here until I help you out." And with the he exited the car.

" Come on Annella. You can do this. Deep breaths." She whispered to herself as her door opened to reveal her smiling father with his hand out. Annella looked at his hand and took a deep breath, placing her hand into his she stepped out. Mary was standing next to her car with a smile as the camera flashed rapidly. She gripped her father's hand before releasing it to link her arm in his. Mary lead the way up the stairs to the entrance and Annella and her father followed behind. The crowds cried their names as they ascend the stairs once they reached the top the large doors opened and they walked inside.

" It's beautiful." Annella spoke as she admire the church. They came to a stop in a small room as they waited for their signal.

" Indeed, this is where my parents where married, your mother and I married. And now, you will marry." Antonio spoke to her turning to face her.

" My daughter, you are the light of my life. I am sorry I have not been there for you most of your life. But I want you to know, I love you and I always will. But it is time to start your own family and watch it grew." Antonio spoke gently in a calm voice. "No matter where you go in your life remember. That you will always have a place in my home."

" I love you, Papa." Annella spoke before embracing her father tightly never wanting to let go. There was then a knock at the door, signally that it was time.

" Come on, time to go." Antonio spoke as he pulled away. Annella smiled and reached up to wipe away the stray tear that fell from his eyes. Antonio kissed her fore head through the veil and took her arm in his own. They walked through the door and down a small corridor, the music grew louder as Mary turned the corner to walk down the aisle and smiled all the way down. She took her place on the left hand side of the alter. It was then Annella's turn.

" Courage." Antonio whispered as they made their way to the corner and turned, keeping her eyes to the ground. She began to walk down the aisle towards Kaden. She lifted her eyes to look forward and saw Kaden's back. Slowly Kaden turned to look at Annella and a smile erupted onto his lips. His eyes shone brightly at the angel gliding her way gracefully towards him. His breath was taken by the glow that seemed to surround her.

Annella's eyes fell onto Kaden standing at the end of her path. He wore a black suit with a purple tie. His hair was sleek back and slight stubble on his chin. His blue eyes watered with tears as she neared closer to him. His smile continued to grew as she reached the top of the aisle. Antonio stopped her and turned Annella to face him before he lifted her veil to reveal her face. With a kiss on her cheek, Antonio took her hand and placed it into Kaden's. Ultimately giving away his daughter to him. Kaden then lead Annella up the last few steps as Antonio took his seat. The music stopped when they reached the top of the stairs and the priest stepped forward.

"Dearly beloved, we have come together in the presence of God to witness and bless the joining together of this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony. The bond and covenant of marriage was established by God in creation, and our Lord Jesus Christ adorned this manner of life by His presence and first miracle at the wedding in Cana of Galilee. It signifies to us the mystery of the union between Christ and His Church, and Holy Scripture commends it to be honored among all people." The priest began in a loud deep voice, "The union of husband and wife is intended by God for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort given each other in prosperity and adversity; and, when it is God's will, for the procreation of children and their nurture in the knowledge and love of the Lord. Therefore marriage is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently, deliberately, and in accordance with the purposes for which it was instituted by God." Annella looked into Kaden's eyes as the priest continue to speak words that they both could not hear. The whole world just seemed to fall away from them both at his moment in time. Sure, Annella had had her doubts about this marriage and if it would work out. But now standing here with him dress handsomely, she felt content and happy.

" I will." Annella spoke after the priest had finished talking.

"Kaden Walters, will you have this woman to be your wife; to live together with her in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health?" The priest asked turning to Kaden slightly.

" I will." He answered never taking his eyes away." The priest the looked to the audience that was missed by Annella.

"Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage?" He asked them loudly.

"We will." The whole hall called out as it echoed in the church.

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" The priest asked the front row as Antonio stands to his feet with a large smile.

" I do." He called out before sitting back down in his chair.

"Please bring forth the rings." The priest called and Joshua stepped forward holing the rings upon a small pillow. The priest blessed them and then looked to the couple. Kaden took the smaller gold band into his hand and lifted Annella hand.

"With this ring, in the name of God, I, Kaden Walters, take you, Annella Paceillo, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow." Kaden spoke in a husky voice as he slipped on her ring. He dropped her hand and Annella reached over to take the larger gold band ring off the pillow and picked up Kaden's hand.

"With this ring, on the name of God, I, Annella Paceillo, take you, Kaden Walters, to be my husband, to have and to hold form this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow." Annella spoke while slipping on his ring. Joshua stepped back once done and stood in his earlier position. Kaden and Annella held both hands as they looked into each other's eyes with a large smile.

"Annella Paceillo and Kaden Walters, having witnessed your vows of love to one another, it is my joy to present you to all gathered here as husband and wife." The priest smiled to them both as he looked to Kaden.

"You may kiss the bride." She said softly so only they could hear. Kaden did not waste any time on leaning forward and placing a tender kiss upon Annella's lips. His right hand on her cheek caress with his thumb. The bells of the church them burst into life as they played their songs. Kaden pulled away and they turned to face the audience. The then smiled and walked down the stair hand in hand with each other thanking the people that congratulated them as they walked by.