【𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋】「𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡」

[Halloween Special!]
[Mother!Candy Witch x child!reader]

___________________________________________

Your eyes landed on the sleeping form of your twin sister, Margaret. She was, quite literally, the Gretal to your Hansel. You had found yourselves in a candy house, being cared for by a candy witch. However, said witch didn't seem to be evil. In fact, she was quite nice to you and your sister. She didn't solely feed you candies, taking the time to conjure up actual healthy meals.

You noticed how she treated the two of you. Almost as if you were her own children. You wondered why. Could she be using you two as replacements for her real children? Perhaps she simply couldn’t have children, but for what reason?

You were ripped from your thoughts by the sound of high-heeled boots tapping the wooden floor beneath your bed. "[ y/n ]. It's bedtime, sweetheart. Your sister is already sleeping." The soft, soothing voice of the candy witch filled your ears. "S-sorry, ma'am." You shifted, getting comfortable.

Even though your back faced her, you could feel her frown. "Ma'am is rather...formal. Isn't it?" She cooed quietly, taking your sleeping sister into account.

"I suppose..." You nodded softly. "Goodnight, miss." You mumbled, eyes fluttering closed. You drifted off into a dreamland.

...

"[ y/n ]! Don't run so fast!" Margaret whined, running after you. You, Margaret, and Evanora, the candy witch, were out picking berries.

"Sorry, Mar'...I'm just excited." You sighed softly, slowing down. "Mom said you and I are supposed to stay together!" Margaret whined, latching onto your arm.

"Mom?" You raised a brow. You two had no mother, just a father. Margaret gestured towards Evanora. The witch waved, jogging up to you two.

"Children, children, don't run too far from mommy, okay?" She cooed in a gentle tone. You stared at her for a moment before nodding. There was no point in arguing with her. She was a motherly figure in your life, she even started teaching your sister witchcraft.

She was a candy witch, so most of her spells are sugary sweet, which you honestly don't understand much of. "We'll stay together, mom!" Margaret chirped, dragging you behind her.

You could have sworn you saw Evanora teared up a bit. She looked...almost overjoyed.

There was something about her genuine appreciation for the title, it made you wonder. Why was she so happy about that?

...

You smiled softly, snuggling up to your sister. "Mm, [ y/n ], your squishing me...!" She whined as you continued to squish her. "Nope~! I'm not doing anything~!" You giggled.

A giggle resounded through the small candy cottage you now lived in. You stretched yourself over your sister, seeing Evanora locking the front door. You always wondered why she bothered locking the door, since it was made of gingerbread.

What would a lock do against a burglar? Actually, who would break into a house made of nothing but candy?

"You two are so silly..." She giggled, wandering into the kitchen. "I'm making spaghetti for dinner, and then, Margaret and I will practice some witchcraft."