Taehyung

I was never fond of dinners with my own family. I am still not, but here I am sitting right beside hyung trying to be as silent as possible so any how the attention won't shift on me. Because when it's on hyung, it's all praises but when it's on me, the praises turn into cursing and criticizing. I really think, if they didn't want me, why give birth to me? I was a mistake, as I have been always told and realised but then, why didn't kill me when I was born? Good for both me and them. It would be win-win. 

"Stop day dreaming brat! Can't you congratulate your hyung for his intelligence? He cracked the case and you.....probably talking with those filths. Stop burning in jealousy and start learning from him so you can at least do something alone." My mother needs to get her health checked I guess if she smells something burning all the time. Or probably it's just hyung who's jealous of even the negative attention of his mother on me. "Look at him! Still glutting food like a pig without any shame! Oh god....how can I give birth to such disappointment." I nod at her words, still stuffing my mouth with food though it tastes bitter now, is it because of her words or did she cooked food today? She has no talent in cooking. 

At times I question myself, am I turning into a narc? But these thoughts only come up when I am around my family so is it, selective narc? Is that even a term?

Done with dinner, I almost sprint to my room, want to be away from the maniacs down there. Ah fuck everything! Let's sleep, the killer must be sleeping too, its not like he would be killing someone now. 

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

The next time when I woke up, it wasn't even morning. My phone was buzzing continuously with messages and calls making me groan with annoyance. My job never lets me sleep, just how my family never lets me live. Taping over the table I located my phone, squinting at the caller id.

'Yun-sae' It flashed the name of my closest friend and colleague in the department. She has balls bigger than any man I know. Often I find myself stopping her from doing something reckless though it all goes in vain as she never listens. 

"What..is it?" I twisted and turned to get my phone not slip out of my hands since I was barely hanging on the edge. "Yun-sae, you didn't butt dial me, did you?" All I could hear was some shuffling around so I was about to hang up the call when she spoke up. "Taehyung! You need to get here, someone's kil-" A whine left my lips as I could see my future for next 3-4 hours and it was certainly not on my bed. "-led and that someone is none other than the deputy chief." 

The killer clearly didn't sleep like me.

Now, it made me sit straight, all sleepiness drained out of my eyes. The deputy chief was an asshole but him getting killed means our ass will be set on fire. The head will chew our ears off now. 

"Hold the fuck up Yun! I will be there in like 5!" I cursed as I stubbed my toe in hurry but didn't had enough time to dwell on the pain. Instead rushed to bathroom and just washed my face before getting on my uniform, almost tearing off my shirt in process. 

I tiptoed out of my room, hyung must be sleeping like a log and others won't care. I successfully sneaked out and got in my car before dialing my colleagues number who works with my hyung but isn't like him or his friends. As I drove alone on the empty road a thought crossed my mind.

Will I get a clue again? A chit? That is, if no one inspects the place of murder before me. The call received and I heard a gruff voice on the other side. "Taehyung? You were informed as well?"  I sighed and replied, "Yeah...Umm hyung, can you make sure the sight isn't touched or inspected before I arrive? Please hyung it's really important!" I requested as I spun my steering wheel to left, parking my car in hurry. I might get a ticket but I can pay the fine so it isn't a problem.