Eight letters [Her goodbyes]

Tian Xing rested her hands on the desk.

The letters were done.

At that moment, a knock came.

"May we come in?"
It was Zhuzhi Lang.
"Come in." replied Tian Xing.

Along with Zhuzhi Lang, there was another person.

Or a demon to be precise.

Sha Hualing.

Her red eyes fell on Rubi's neon yellow ones, and she got startled immediately. It was instinctive even after so many years of their battle.

Tian Xing smiled gently, "A-Lang, I have heard you two are courting."
"Yes, Xing-jie...we will be officially getting married soon. We both have come of age and..."
"You want my blessings?"
"Yes."

Tian Xing stood up, and walked towards them, "Surely, but I still need to confirm something."

Zhuzhi Lang was completely aware of the chaos she had stirred when she first arrived here. But right now, she was a changed woman.

He believed in her.

"Sha Hualing. Are willing to accept blessings from a human?" asked Tian Xing seriously.

"I am, Lady-"
"Just Xing-jie is fine."
"Xing-jie." She replied softly.

Tian Xing looked at her shy gaze. Then spoke sternly, "Do you regret what you did years ago? In Qing Jing Peak?"

Sha Hualing's eyes showed slight panic in those memories. She bowed, "This one was young and reckless. I did not have much knowledge of the human realm. I have come to know that without the Qing Jing Peak, I would never have found my love. I deeply apologise."

Tian Xing spoke, "Lift your head, child. You have nothing to apologise to me. The person you need to apologise to, is the Peak Master and none else."
"I understand."

Tian Xing smiled, "Good. Rise."

Zhuzhi Lang kept quiet, but he was smiling the entire time. His eyes shone brightly as they conveyed only one thing.

'I kept my words.'

Tian Xing nodded, "You have my blessings. May your marriage be a happy one."
"Thank you, Xing-jie."

__________________________________

"𝐷𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑐𝑜𝑠?" 𝐴𝑠𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑆𝑒𝑜𝑘𝑗𝑖𝑛.

"𝐽𝑖𝑛-𝑎ℎ...𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒. 𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓." 𝑅𝑢𝑏𝑖 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑑. 𝐻𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑑.

𝑆𝑒𝑜𝑘𝑗𝑖𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑔ℎ, "𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑡𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦. 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦."

𝑅𝑢𝑏𝑖'𝑠 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑑, "𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟, 𝑎𝑙𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛."
"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑎 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ."
"𝐻𝑎ℎ𝑎, 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡."