𝟔. 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT

"HOW long have you been up?" Carson rasped, rubbing her fluttering eyes to stare up at him

He shrugged, combing a hand through his messy curls, "Like an hour."

"So you've been watchin' me sleep? Creep."

Brian started laughing but didn't deny a thing. His sheets rested below his navel and reached over her body. Throughout the night, between their kissing and pillow talk, he received a few phone calls. She thought it was suspicious but decided not to question it, instead asking for a shirt to wear and another for her head, to prevent her hair from getting messy. Luckily he did and gave her a grey shirt to conceal her upper half and one to enclasp her relaxed strands. Brian was obsessed with how she looked in his clothes. Even when he woke up, he just admired her sleeping form.

"You looked peaceful, made me think how much I didn't wanna wake you up."

Carson was blessing her lucky stars that whenever she blushed, it wasn't visible, but her smile exposed the effect his words had over her.

Brian noticed and attempted to kiss her but she pushed him back, "I need to brush my teeth." she whined.

"I don't care," he hushed her, but she didn't relent, gently pushing him away, unintentionally feeling his toned chest, "Alright, but lemme ask you somethin'."

She yawned, "What?"

"Do you regret last night? The date — pity date or whatever you wanna call it — the kiss or the sex?"

Carson immediately shook her head, stunned by the vulnerability in his tone. Brian was always so cocky, shameless, but not now.

"No, I don't regret it," she caught the questioning look in his eyes, "I'm being real pretty boy. I was actually comfortable for once," she let slip and had his full attention, with him leaning closer and eyes hardening, "Most of the time, I feel disconnected, like I'm not in the moment, just trying to focus on other things. I guess I was never comfortable."

"And you were with me?" he had to be sure.

A bashful smile tugged at her lips, "Yeah."

"Good," This time his lips met her forehead.

"Lemme ask you somethin'," he motioned for her to carry on, "Do you have another family? Like your phone was going off like crazy last night."

Brian let out an awkward chuckle, "I don't, I'm a busy guy that's all."

"A busy guy?"

"Next time I'll keep it off for you, so I won't stop you from gettin' your beauty sleep," He promised, smirking down at her.

"You stop me from gettin' my beauty sleep."

The pair started cracking up, Brian loved the ego boast and brought her closer to him, slipping his arm around her neck, so she could face him.