Chapter 7 - Wake Up Call

7

Three Days Later

Things at the Winchester manor were finally starting to settle down after we finished with the warding on the house, along with finishing the last of the details on the nursery and finally solidifying a plan to give birth to Gabriel in the panic room in the basement. Dean and Mandy were still a little on edge since we had told them about the updated timeline, but they were happy to find out that we had finally settled on a name and that he was due to arrive in just over two weeks.

My belly bump had now grown to the size of a small watermelon which made everything a bit more challenging as I tried to stay active, but in reality I felt drained and was starting to grow even more anxious as the day approached, now dealing with even more preview contractions that only fueled my worried mind. Everyone was doing their part to keep me comfortable, but I could sense that they were getting just as stressed and worried as I was.

Candles filled the bathroom with the scent of lavender and roses as the flickering lights bounced off the walls and reflected off the large mirror over the sink, with calming instrumental music playing softly in the background as Sam and I sat together in the large bathtub with suds reaching over the top, leaning back against his chest and breathing in slowly through my nose and out my lips.

I felt another contraction in my back and lower abdomen, shutting my eyes and grimacing as I gripped gently onto Sam's legs, trying to be aware of my strength as I rode out the wave of pain and maintained control over my breathing.

Sam's hands were gently rubbing my arms as he leaned his head against mine, speaking in a low tone, "That's it, Cat... Just like that, you're doing great."

I took in another deep breath, making a face and shaking my head as I leaned against him, "You sure I'm only thirty-three weeks along, right? We've still got about two weeks before he comes?"

Sam nodded, kissing the side of my face and resting his hands on my stomach as he wrapped me up in his arms, "Yes, Cat. We've still got plenty of time, don't worry. They're just Braxton Hicks contractions."

I furrowed my brows, shaking my head as I kept my eyes closed, "This is gonna suck a lot, isn't it?"

Sam smiled halfway, shrugging, "Maybe, but it'll be worth it in the end. I promise."

I finally started to feel the pain fade away as the warm water eased up my tired muscles, letting out a breath and nodding, "I know..."

Sam started to gently rub my stomach as he leaned his head against mine, "I hope this is helping? I'm sorry I don't really know what else to do about the contractions."

I shook my head, finally opening my eyes and looking around the room with a half smile on my face, "It is helping, actually... This feels really nice. I don't know why we don't do this more often?"

I reached for my glass of chocolate milk in a wine glass, taking a sip as Sam shrugged, "Well, now that we've actually got a second bathroom in the basement, I don't think Dean and Mandy will mind? We can do this more often if it helps."

I set the glass back down and took in a long breath, smiling back at him and nodding, "Cuddling naked with you in a hot bubble bath with candles and chocolate milk? I could definitely get used to this."

Sam let out a laugh, leaning down and kissing my shoulder as he smiled to himself, "This is pretty nice, actually..."

I looked back down at my stomach, resting my hands over Sam's as I started to smile, "You know, I know you said he probably wouldn't come until after the fifteenth of February, but... I think it would be kind of nice if he was born on Valentine's day? It would be like he was born from love or something?"