Chapter 63: Draupadi Swayambar & Karna

Story Unfolds:

At the Royal chamber of Hastinapur:

"Mamashree, mujhe woh sundari hi chahiye. Suna hain Panchal kumari sarbangya sundari hain. Wohi mere Rani banke ki yogya hain. (My dear maternal uncle, I need to win over that beauty. I heard that the Princess of Panchal is called as a mesmerizing beauty. From head to toe. She is the one to be capable of being my wife. My queen.)"

A man was now seen telling this to his uncle who was looking at him calmly. Let me introduce them both. They were the uncle-nephew duo Prince Duryodhan and his uncle Shakuni. Now when he was sanguine that the Padndava were burnt down alive, he thought he could win over the hands of beautiful Draupadi. A foolish and inexperienced thought indeed!!! He was seen playing chess with his uncle but his mind was racing somewhere else. He wanted to achieve Draupadi at any cost. His this lust would soon let happen Draupadi Cheer Haran at open court and would bring his own ultimate destruction!!!

 His this lust would soon let happen Draupadi Cheer Haran at open court and would bring his own ultimate destruction!!!

Prince Duryi aka Duryodhan

His maternal uncle Mama Shakuni was siting uptight and trying to play chess calmly. His concentration was on the chess board yet his ears were on the words of Duryi!!! He smiled in mind. This fool nephew of him, in his unconsiousness, had bestowed an excellent opportunity to take his own revenge!! From Hasrinapur!!

Shakuni calmly answered him "Par Bhanje, is samay ek aur Kanya ki bhi Swayambar ka ghoshna ho chuka hain. Kalinga Rajkumari Bhanumati. Woh bhi suna hain prachand sundari hain. Tum wossi ko jitne ki prayatna kyu nahin kar lete?!! (But I heard that within a fortnight, after the Draupadi Swayambar, another girl was going to get married too. Princess Bhanumati of Kalinga. I heard that she was also very beautiful. Why don't you try to concentrate on her?!!)" He was testing Duryi and his patience. Alas!! Both of them did not know that soon Bhanu had to be the wife of Duryi, instead of Panchal Kumari!!!!

 Alas!! Both of them did not know that soon Bhanu had to be the wife of Duryi, instead of Panchal Kumari!!!!

Gandhar King Shakuni

"Mamashree, Maine un dono ke chitra dekha hain. Kalinga Kumari nisendeh sundar hain, par Panchal Kumari jysi nahin!! Mujhe wahi chahiye!! (Uncle, I have seen the pictures of both of them. Princess of Kalinga is truly very beautiful, but she can't hold a candle in front of that burning beauty of the Panchal. I need her only!!)" Duryi had pouted his lips and demanded like a small boy!! This man always wanted to snatch the things of others!! His this attitude was the reason of his downfall!!! Even a loyal friend like Karna could not save him!!! He loved to be dominated by Shakuni!!! Then he tossed two pictures to his uncle of the two princesses and said "Dekhlo. Apne ap hi samajh jaoge. (See all by yourself. You will understand that.)"