Potato Dish #5 Indian Bombay Potatoes

⋆。°✩☾⋆。°✩

P~ The Debater

The cafe radio played at a slow volume echoing with the rain outside. The rain was perfect. For my unheeded melancholy.

Uff dil ka kya karoon
Main kya karoon
Main kya karoon... 

Why do I miss her when this song is playing?! 

Yes, I don't know what is going on. I didn't message her for long, and now I am- well at fault. I don't know what my heart is pulling at here, but I refrained from talking to her, because, I CAN'T MEET HER FOR FIVE YEARS! 

And probably after that.

Dil pe mera, kaabu nahi

Exactly my case here. Somehow the radio knows how to play the perfect songs at times. 

Fitrat kabhi iss ki aisi thi nahi
Tu hi bata.. iss dil ka main ab kya karoon
hmm.. Kehne pe, chalta nahi
Kuch dinon se, meri bhi sunta nahi
Tu hi bata iss dil ka main ooh uff main kya karoon

What do I do with this useless heart now? No, the question is, why did I reply?! That's it I am not talking to any random stranger now. 

I miss poems. Written especially for me. 

Argh, why is attraction so powerful an emotion?! I just met her for what like 2 times? but look at what that has done to me—a debater, who reads Virginia Woolf and Kafka on a daily basis for fun- Is madly thinking about someone who is thousands of miles away from him.

Argh.

Even my habits are resonating with hers. And so I put on my headphones. But they also remind me of her. 

A boy stood in front of me, signaling towards the menu. He came to take the order.

"Which is the most famous item here?" I asked.

"Indian Bombay potatoes, cumin coriander spiced is there-"

"Bring me that then."

Potatoes here potatoes there. WHEN WILL EVERYTHING NOT REMIND ME OF HER??

Mini mind: Listen here boy, crushes are normal. Very few women pay interest in what you have to say, and when they do, you feel attracted to them. It helps your ego. Therefore you enjoy the attention. Now brush it off, and let's enjoy college life in Mumbai man! Not sulking! Many beautiful other girls to look at.

Me: Points are valid, but no, I don't like staring at women.

Mini mind: Every human does that. Its normal my boy.

Ever since she told me to have debates, I have been doing nothing but talking to myself these days. Another con of being with her.

Plus, I do have many things lined up, exams, the report on the current government before the elections come in, this one's my personal favorite, and a LOT more reading to divert this lovesick mind. 

My phone vibrated on me, and I saw who it was. Rajan.

"Hey man how are you? Had dinner?" I asked.

"Not at all fine. I am going crazy over here. Come back to the hostel."

"Why? What happened?"

"These guys are banging on my door! I got selected for the football team whereas their friend didn't and now they literally want to kick me out by making me injured. Stupid policy and all."

"God, wait let me call the authorities, I will-"

"NO! It will only make it worse, just come here man, I need you. Fast!"