Potato Dish #9 Sweet Sweet buttered Potatoes

⋆。°✩☾⋆。°✩

Epilogue~

P~ The Debater

3 and a half years later...

"YOU ARE A HORRIBLE MAN, PADMAKAR!" 

Ahh, the doors are of course an amazing place to have fights. While Rajan fidgeted with the keys, that too horribly, and satiated all his attention needs by taking forever to open a simple lock, I snatched the keys from his hand and started unlocking instead.

"Please refrain from the blame game I didn't do it!" I shouted when his roars echoed in my ears.

"You did! I saw you!"

"I was just talking to her," I said, slamming myself on the jammed door and opening it.

"You knew I had a shot with her."

"You still do, near to zero, but that's a different issue, I was just talking no flirt or anything!"

"Yeah well, she seemed to laugh all too well!"

"Not my fault she was- WHAT THE HELL! Why is the switch jammed now?!"

"Idiot, you have to press it harder, Harder! Come on!"

After many trials of switching the switch on and off, finally, the light flashed and I felt my phone vibrating. 

"Hello?"

"YO Mr. Technical, true to my promise, I am here."

"Where? In my poor heart?!"

"That I am, but not in this context. I am in Mumbai."

"Haha of course you are, are you sleep phoning again?"

"No. I am standing right outside your college gully."

"Oh my god, Reallly?!"

"You won't believe? Well then Mr, be ready for the security guard screaming. Hello Mr Security!! How-"

"WAIT! Don't!"

"Haha, gotcha there!"

"You- 

Holy shit.

"Is there a girl on the gate, talking to the guard or am I daydreaming again?!" Rajan said sipping his favourite appy fizz, by the window.

And the realization dawned upon me.

"KRITIKA?! You ARE really here!"

"How many times would I have to say, darling? Plutonians don't like much confusion."

"Really?! Too smart coming from someone who confused the whole college because she took the wrong printout for her seating arrangement. Bravo."

"hehe. We like to cause confusion and be in it but certainly not take it. Now rush your ass to the entry gate!"

I dashed my way to the entry gate, taking my wallet and phone along.

.

"HELLO PADMAKAR HOW ARE YOU?! Looking bigger than before! My god help my poor eyes!" She hysterically held the bags in her hands.

And the random thought wandered in my mind. We had never done a video call for 4 years straight. 

Amazing smart people, aren't we?

She looked- different. Good different of course. Not much changed, but the way her presence felt had surely. She wore an oversized hoodie, with HUGSY written on it. Wow. Oh my god. I have that voice on the phone, which made my lonely days in Mumbai refreshing, in front of me, After freaking fracking four years.