Chapter 10

A few months had passed since this memorable stay on the hiking trail. Three months. Three months that changed your relationship with Taylor in an unexpected and profound way. The barriers of uncertainty and fear had begun to crack, and the love you shared became stronger and more confident every day.

The intensity of your panic attacks, stemming from your fears of the past, had considerably diminished. Moments of anxiety had become rare, replaced by tranquility. Taylor had been the light that had dispelled your inner darkness, and every day at her side was a lesson of healing and redemption.

Your life had regained a pleasant balance. You continued to pursue your studies in business school, immersing yourself in your courses and your projects with new determination. Meanwhile, Taylor devoted herself to her music, working on new songs and taking the time to create captivating melodies.

You would see each other as often as possible, sharing romantic dinners, homenights at Taylor's, and outings through the city always staying safe from paparazzi. You had created a safe space where you could be yourself, without fear of judgment.

Every moment spent together was a celebration of the love and trust you had built.

However, in the midst of this harmony, a new presence entered your story. A new friend. Elliott. He had burst into your life like a cool breeze, bringing with him a playful energy and a friendly presence.

You met Elliott at school. You had quickly formed a friendship, sharing similar interests and finding comfort in your conversations. He had been a great support to you during difficult times, before some exams for example, and you had opened up on different subject.

Over time, meetings with Elliott had become more frequent. You often met at the café to discuss your projects and exchange ideas. With the pretext of work, you shared many hot chocolates and productive afternoons.

Taylor had noted Elliott's arrival in your life and had welcomed this friendship with understanding and kindness. She gave you the space you needed to cultivate your relationships with others, recognizing that you needed a life outside your own cocoon.

However, without you fully realizing it, Elliott's feelings had begun to evolve. His friendship had turned into something deeper, and he could no longer deny the attraction he felt towards you. It was increasingly difficult for him to hide his enthusiasm every time you saw each other.

You were completely unaware of this.

Taylor, on the other hand, had noticed the way you looked, the smile on your face, Elliott's messages and the closeness you shared. She stifled these feelings of jealousy, understanding that it was important to let you live your own experiences and give you the space to maintain friendships.

However, despite her efforts to remain understanding, Taylor felt a pinch in her heart every time she saw you preparing to leave with Elliott. She felt put aside, torn between her desire to let you be yourself and the desire to keep you close to her.

One evening, when you had both met at Taylor's, she took a deep breath before turning to you.

Taylor: "Y/n, there's something we need to talk about."

You turn your eyes on her, feeling that something serious was brewing.

Y/n: "Sure, Taylor. What's going on?"

She took your hand in hers, searching for the right words.

Taylor: "Y/n, I want you to know how much I care about you. Our relationship means the world to me, and I want you to be happy. But... I've noticed that things have changed since Elliott came into your life."

You frown slightly, trying to understand where she was going.

y/n: "What do you mean ?"

She exhales softly, as if she had held her breath for a while.

Taylor: "I want you to know that I'm willing to let you live your life, have friends and spend time with them. But... I feel like there's something more between you and Elliott. I don't want you to tell me anything you don't want to share, but I think I need to tell you how I feel."

Your heart beats a little faster while you feel a touch of apprehension. You gently pull out your hand that was under Taylor's by lowering your eyes...

Y/n: "Taylor, I don't understand. Elliott is a friend, nothing more. I assure you that my feelings are for you and only you."

Taylor stares at you intensely, seeming to evaluate your words.

Taylor: "I believe you, y/n. But, it's hard for me not to notice how close he seems to you. I saw the looks you have when he sends you messages and I saw your smile and cheeks turning pink... I.."

You feel overwhelmed by a mix of emotions you've never dealt with before.

Y/n: "Taylor, I could understand why you might feel that way, but I promise there's nothing between Elliott and me. You're the person I love, and it pisses me off that you don't trust me !"

Taylor sighs softly, her gaze softening slightly. 

Taylor: "I want to trust you, y/n. It's just... hard for me not to be affected by this."

Your heart is tightened by seeing the vulnerability in Taylor's eyes and your anger is slightly indulged.

Y/n: "I understand, Taylor. And I'm sorry if my relationship with Elliott may have caused tension between us."

Taylor nods slowly.

Taylor: "I want you to be happy, but... maybe we could talk more about it tomorrow, I feel a little tired."

Y/n: "I'll leave you then. I will go home. Good night"

You walked up to her to kiss her before leaving but Taylor bent over to caress her cat Meredith, dodging your gesture.

Taylor: "Yes, that's better."

You went to the door with the ball in your belly. Behind you you could hear little cries that Taylor was throwing. You turned around one last time, seeing her wipe the tears running down her cheeks, she was there, on the floor, alone. It was the first time you saw her cry and your ego prevented you from going to see her to comfort her. If she was crying, it was your fault... You pushed the door, perplexed and then took the road to your home.