Chapter 11

The next day following the conversations with Taylor was filled with tension. Despite your efforts to regain some normality, it seemed that the shadows of doubt still hovered over Taylor. You were determined to prove to her that your relationship with Elliott was pure friendship, but it seemed that every gesture, every word, was scrutinized with special attention.

 You felt like you were walking on eggshells, watching each of your phone interactions with Elliott to avoid further feeding Taylor's suspicions. 

To be honest, he didn't even know you were a couple, you never told him about Taylor. You said to yourself that the relationship should be kept secret in view of her fame, so you never imagined you would have to confess this to Elliott.

One day, when you were alone at home, you received a message from Elliott. "Hey, you want to stop at the cafe after school ? I need help with Mr Starf's project, and I thought your perspective would be valuable."

You hesitated for a moment, feeling the weight of the situation. Finally, you replied, "Okay, we'll meet at the cafe.

Sitting at the coffee table, you and Elliott started a discussion to move forward on the project. The ideas had started, but after an hour, you started to lose a bit of the thread of the conversation.

Elliott sipped his coffee, taking a short break: "and by the way you never told me if you are in a relationship right now?"

You felt your heart miss a beat at his question, but you quickly recovered: "No, I'm not."

 Elliott bowed his head, seeming satisfied with the answer: "Ah, okay. I was just wondering, that's all.

You focused on your own coffee, while trying to drive the uncomfortable thoughts out of your mind. After a while, Elliott spoke again. 

Elliot: "Besides, I'm not in a relationship right now either." 

You nodded your head distractedly, feeling the embarrassment coming up.

Y/n: "It would be nice to stay focused on your work."

Elliott smiles, his gaze fixed on you. 

Elliott: "You know, y/n, I think you're really cute when you're focused like that, with your cheeks all rosy.

You looked up at him, the cheeks actually a little tinged with red. 

Y/n: "Ohhh, you're stupid." You were sweeping his arm with the back of your hand to mean you wanted to go back to work.

Your gesture stopped suddenly, your hand stopped on his. You looked into his eyes, a moment suspended between you two. Then you gently released your hand, a slight smile floating on your lips that you were trying to hide. 

Y/n: "Elliott, let's focus on the project, okay?" Elliott seemed slightly destabilized by the moment, but he nodded with an accomplice smile: "Of course, y/n. Let's work.

You dive back into the project, putting aside the conversation that had taken a more personal turn. The hours passed quickly, and soon you had accomplished much of the work you had planned. You could finally go home! Although you had to go to Taylor before.

--------

AN: I'm so sorry I know I'm late but yesterday was pretty hard for me et I could'nt post so here we go à new chapter 1 day late 😅