one

"You don't have to be perfect to be beautiful. The worlds expectations of being perfect are unreasonable. Being perfect is being you. Because when you're being you, you're being real and that is perfect." -Willa McElrie by SunnyCoolKid

_ _ _ _ _

Willa had always enjoyed baseball. Although, her parents had highly discouraged her from playing the game when she was younger, she took great joy in whacking balls as hard as she could with a stick.

If you can't take pleasure in throwing around a polished tree limb, what can you take pleasure in?

The fact was, she was halfway decent at baseball, which for her, was an accomplishment of gradure amounts, because she couldn't seem to find much she was good at. She had barely gotten into Yale - just scraping the surface so she could get in. This was very unlike her perfect older twin sister.

It seemed to Willa that Vanessa had gotten the upper hand in pretty much everything.

Vanessa, was five minutes older than her. Exactly five minutes. No more, no less. Older kid - seems more responsible to adults. Never mind that she's only five minutes older - exactly five minutes - she's obviously more responsible. And Vanessa had the prettiest blonde hair and blue eyes one could ever see, with the most complimentary mousey features one could imagine. While Willa had long red hair, green eyes, pale skin and freckles.

It was hardly fair.

But Vanessa was the family member Willa loved the most. She didn't like to dwell on the rest of her family members, because her and the bulk of her family had an ill past that Willa would much
rather forget than fully forgive.

Other than baseball, and obvious stress of college, Willa enjoyed reading her favorite books over and over again, along with reading Calvin and Hobbes, plus stalking a few hot guys on campus on social media. All of this combined, mixed into a lonely, sort of depressing life.

She sits in the dugout right now, pulling off her sweaty cleats and shinguards. Her teammates congratulate her on the good job during their previous game. It's a really hot day today, with the sun beating down on the back of everyone's neck, mercilessly.

"How you doing, Babe Ruth?" She hears from the doorway.

Willa turns to find Vanessa and her roommate Kitty standing in the doorway of the dugout. Kitty bounces on her toes, looking excited and happy, like a little puppy with spikey black hair, instead if fur. Vanessa looks on amused, yet casual, with her hair in a braid.

It wasn't just Kitty that was her roommate. It was Vanessa too. In fact, the three of them shared a cozy, little apartment, not five minutes from the college. It was a good arrangement. Seeing as Willa didn't have a car, it didn't take her long to walk to her daily classes. And sometimes, Vanessa would give Willa rides on that motorcycle she'd only bought just recently (Vanessa thought her motorcycle was the coolest thing to be invented since the freezer).

Willa smirks slightly, "Oh, I'm drenched in sweat and I smell gross - want a hug?"

Vanessa scrunches up her nose, "I think I'm good."

Willa stands, straightening her baseball jersy, "Are you sure? I'm a fantastic hugger."

Vanessa nods, "I think I'll test that theory some other time. Preferably when you've had a good long shower."

Willa stuffs her gear in her bag and stands, walking towards the door, "So what brings you two out here?"

"We watched your game." Kitty say, rolling her eyes a little.