twenty-one

I sit on the couch, watching Netflix, happily. Dylan and I's date was a week ago, and we've texted some since then. I can feel things slowly coming back to normal, and I'm not going to lie, I've missed this.

Things between Dylan and I were becoming more intamient however. Not physically intamient. No, although physically intimacy feeds the animal-like desires of humans, it wasn't that kind of intimacy. It was a deep intimacy where I felt my soul connect with his, and it was like we could look into each others souls.

Which was nothing like I'd ever experienced before, and quite frankly, freaked the crap out of me.

But sometimes, it's nice to have the crap freaked out of you.

I hear my phone ring, and grudgingly pause my favorite episode of Friends.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hi there."

"Oh, hey, Dylan." I smile.

"I'm calling back to see if that offer on a second date was still good."

I smirk, ".....Yeah. It is."

He hums, "So, what would you like to do?"

I shrug, "I dunno. I'm good with whatever."

"So, if I took you fishing-"

"Not happening."

"Thought so." He hums.

I grin, "Anu other genius ideas?"

He considers. Then I hear a small amount of excitement in his voice, "I'm getting one....."

I raise an eyebrow, sitting up, "I know that voice. What mischief are you cooking up?"

I can hear his smile, "Oh, you'll see. Tell me, how do you feel about doing childish things?"

A smile creeps into my face, "I'll wear my light up shoes."

_ _ _ _ _

Tonight, we'd been children again. Not for real, but we would be playing. It's a college town, so you can find some pretty weird stuff around here at Yale. College students are like big versions of what three year olds are supposed to be anyway.

Dylan is waiting for me in the living room, talking to Plaid and Tommy, while Kitty and Vanessa watch me get ready. I wear a white shirt, that reminds me of something a hippy would wear, with a hot air balloon, a smiling sun and the word 'love' in big letters. But it also looks kinda vintage and I love it. Other than that, I just wear red keds, and a short denim skirt, just above the knees, and have a little trouble finding any accessories to go with it. I just wish I actually had a decent pair of earrings to go with this outfit!

I growl, looking through my earrings one last time. Finally, I sigh, "Guess what?"

Vanessa watches me in the mirror, "The fifth dentist showed up and now they're all recommending Trident?"

Kitty laughs.

I roll my eyes, "I'm not wearing earrings tonight."

"She finally gives up!" Kitty cheers.

Vanessa claps slowly, "I'm just going to sit here and applaud your minor achievement."

I grab a handful of money, not bothering with a wallet and stick it in my pocket, "Is giving up an achievement?"

"Well, we can count it as one!" Kitty says, patting my back.

I fluff my hair a bit before I walk out of my room and down the hall, feeling the fluffy carpet beneath my feet. Tommy, Plaid and Dylan seem to be getting along great.