seven

Willa was about ready to hit Dylan over the head with a baseball bat.

Not only for accepting the invitation to dinner, but also for driving so fast that they could actually keep up with Karen, and know where they were going.

"Hey, Dylan, do you think you could drive slower so that maybe we'll loose her and have a valid reason for not showing up at dinner?" Willa says, hopefully.

"No." Dylan scoffs, "This is your family. I for one, am intrigued. And it's just one evening. We sit down for a couple hours, eat chat-"

"Go through absolute hell-" Willa cuts in.

"-And leave." Dylan concludes.

"That is if my Mother lets us leave!" Willa exclaims.

"She can't stop you from leaving." Ki says.

"Um, false." Willa says, rolling her eyes, "That's how the McElries are. My Mother will first want a dinner, then she'll ask us to stay the night, and if we decline, she'll guilt us into staying."

"You're going to have to face your parents again someday." Dylan says, "Might as well get it over with now."

" Okay, mister reality, go break into someone else house." Willa says, "And since when did you become logical and serious?"

"Since now. And I'm just saying....."

"Well, don't." Willa huffs, "I'm mad at you anyway for getting us into this mess. It was none of your business accepting my Mother's offer like that."

"It's called being polite." Dylan says, "And I didn't know it was such an issue!"

Willa raises her voice a bit, "I've told you before that the subject of my parents was off limits! Why wouldn't you think it wasn't an issue!"

There's a small silence from Willas outburst, and Vanessa galres at Willa, "Willa, would you just calm down!?"

She huffs, crossing her arms and looking like a pouting five year old, "Fine."

Dylan lowers his voice, "Look, Willa - I really am sorry. I speak sometimes and I don't think about things. It's one of the many flaws of me."

Willa takes a deep breath, "No, Dylan, I'm sorry. I just.....exploded. My family makes me do that sometimes. I just have problems with my parents because they're controlling and my sister is just.....a slut. And mean and degrading."

"I haven't heard much of your sister. What's she like?" Ki asks.

Vanessa and Willa share a look, "There's not much good to hear about Megan."

"Well, what about her?"

Willa sighs, "She's beautiful.....in an evil way. She always got her way. Even though I was the youngest. That sterotype didn't exist in my house. She was a bully to those around her and she slept around. The church we went to was crappy, and the teens liked to play a sort of game to see how many people you could have sex with. Megan was up in there with some of the top.....shall we say, performers."

"Jeez." Dylan scrunches his nose.

Vanessa looks at Willa, whispering quietly, "Should we tell them about Lilybelle?"

Willa sighs, "Yeah, you tell them."

Vanessa looks at the guys, "She got pregnant when she was sixteen. She barely knew the guy. And Megan was never very dependant. So, she still lives at home with her little girl. Our niece, Lilybelle. Lilybelle is the sweetest thing. You wouldn't know that her mother was so.....Meganish."