Chapter Four - Don't Call Me Babe!

Near the end of the movie, I end up changing into a tank top and sweatpants, and twisting up my hair into a bun. My legs rest in Jordan's lap, my feet coated in a pair of fuzzy pink socks.

"It was all a lie?" He says, leaning forward in anticipation, his eyes locked on the screen. I throw a piece of popcorn at his fluffy brown hair.

"Yep. Everything was an act," I tell him quietly from my side of the couch, scrolling down my phone's screen and pitching a piece of popcorn at my open mouth. missing in the end. "Jordan. Look over here," I order, he whips his head in my direction. "Open your mouth for me. That sounded really wrong. Anyway," I aim the popcorn towards his face, throw, and he moves his head a little to the right to catch it inside his open jaw and eat it.

"Thanks," he mumbles while trying to chew popcorn, which is both mildly disgusting and mildly adorable. It's a borderline thing. "Crap," he says under his breath, slapping his palm against his face.

"What?" I sit up and throw the blanket off of us.

"I have basically no clothes I can sleep in. I'm in skinny jeans."

"And I don't think I have sweatpants big enough for you, let alone sweatpants that don't have "PINK" blasted on the butt."

"Even if you did, I'd have to pass the offer. I'm more of a juicy couture kind of guy," He says with a suave attitude and a smirk. I smile and slap him on the arm.

"We can probably run over to the Walmart a few buildings down. Safer than driving. If you don't mind five dollar sweatpants."

"Actually I could probably sleep in my boxers, if you don't get too "distracted"," Jordan tells me, wiggling his eyebrows from the suggestion.

"Oh please. Like I'd find you attractive."

"You let me give you my number. And stay at your house for possibly three days. And you're blushing."

"Shut up. You're sleeping on the couch."

"For now."

I punched him, hard and in the arm.

"You're not sleeping in my bed. At all."

"Your mom has a bed and she's probably stuck at her job."

"Yeah, but thats disgusting. It's my moms bed."

"Whats wrong with that?"

"She comes home and finds a half-naked teenage boy in her bed."

"She'll find it less weird if I'm in your bed." I sigh, there's no way he's going to stop.

"I can't convince you to cut it out other than succumbing to your devilish ways, right?"

"Yep."

"Ugh. Fine. You're staying faced the other wall and on the other edge of the bed then."

"So hard to get, Bee."

"Yep."

"We're still going to Walmart. We need to get more food." I go into our small coat closet and throw him one of my moms old wind breakers.

"There's no way I'm wearing that," he shouts, flinging it to the couch. I smirk at him and put my hands on my hips.

"Can't have a wet person in my bed, Jordan."

"You tease!" I giggle at his mouth ajar and an amused expression.

"Payback's a bitch, babe."

"Bee we're practically dating. It's totally normal if I sleep in your bed with you."

"We met like eight hours ago."

"Sims logic says we are married. Plus you called me babe, willingly at that point."

"That was a joke, you turd," I bump my shoulder into his.

"Thats not what your blush is telling me." I bury my face in my hair.

"Shut up and get something to keep your hair in it's prime fluffiness." I run to my room and swipe a hoodie off of my bed, hurriedly pulling it over my head. I also shove my feet into some rubber boots. "Ready?" I ask Jordan, who just gives me a nod. "Okay. let's go." I grab him by the hand and run towards the door of the stairwell.

"Why are we skipping the elevator?" He shouts at me as the echoes of our feet boom against the cinderblock walls.

"Gotta burn off those Nutella calories, right?" Jordan just laughs and we run faster down the stairs. I stumble at the end of the stairs and fall, pulling down him with me, and he lands flat on my back.

"Ow," he says under his breath.

"Tell that to my back, It saved your butt from impact with the floor," I tell him under a grimace. "Now get off of me, bud. You're as heavy as a sack of potatoes."

He rolls off and I turn to face him as he taps my shoulder. He's giving me a pouty face, puffing out his lower lip.

"Aww, what happened to "babe"?"

"It died along with my body when you fell on me." I push myself up and give him a hand on getting back up also. "Now come on, we have to get there before it's too dark."

We walk towards the glass doors which are coated with drops of rain that constantly run down. Stepping outside we're met by the rain which coats our clothes and faces with water, but what else would it cover us in? Chocolate pudding? This time he grabs me by the hand and pulls me towards the Walmart sign, illuminating in the twilight through the storm. The automatic doors have never seemed so inviting after walking in a rainstorm for three minutes, getting soaked. The convenience store is nearly silent, and I grab a cart and wheel it towards the aisle with all the snacks.

"I'm gonna grab a few drinks, you grab the chips and stuff," Jordan says, turning around and heading out to the fridges. I dump in some sour cream and onion chips, regular potato chips, and some dried fruit from the next aisle over.

"Jordan! Get your butt and your fluffy hair over here!" I don't know why but I don't care if the few people in this store think I'm some absurd weirdo, because I am.

"In a second, babe!"

"Don't call me that!"