Chapter Ten - You guys are dating?

The week flashes by, the days each fading into each other as time goes on, until the rush and excitement of Friday. School's gone for a couple of days, kids can stay up, and I'm going out for pizza with some potential friends. I put on some regular clothes, planning on changing later into a better outfit after school. In science we do a lab of some sorts, ending in disaster for most of the students, including me and Will who are lab partners. When we get to lunch, we're a bit early so Will, Zach and I sit down and start to pull out a few articles from our lunches, Will a lot more than the both of us, surprisingly. I don't pry and just focus on trying to spot the others.

"Hey Stace," Graser calls as the brunette swiftly walks over and sits next to her boyfriend, Maddie following closely behind. The table slowly starts to fill in as the regulars sit down and start to talk and eat.

"Hey dude," Will greets Jordan with as he sits down in between me and Will. I just give him a small smile and wave, as my mouth is full with a turkey sandwich.

"'Sup man? Ready for pizza later?" He replies, fist bumping Ryan and greeting everyone else.

"Yeah," I tell him as Will nods, "I like to eat." Stupid choice of words Bee. Out of everything you could've said you say that. Lovely. I'll be lucky if he even speaks to me after that.

Jordan just starts cracking up and I punch him in the arm. "Shut up Jordan, it wasn't even that funny."

"Sure babe, you know it was hilarious. 'I'm bee and I like to eat!'" He mocks me in an overly obnoxious voice as I sit there helpless with a fake pout on my lips. Ryan looks at us, very confused, and asks a wonderfully horrible question.

"You two are dating?" He asks, silencing the whole table and causing everyone to look at us. "I mean, it's pretty obvious Jordan is whipped for you, but I didn't know you two were dating!"

"Uh- No, we're not-" I start.

"I don't- We don't-" he continues.

"Um, we're not dating." I just manage to say. Ryan and the others are obviously not convinced.

"Then why did he just call you babe?" He quizzes, and some of them start to turn their heads towards Jordan. Except Maddie, she just picks at her cuticles, unamused.

"Uh, thats a long story that I'd rather not explain." He says, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"We have time. Most of us have a free period after this, and we can tell the others at dinner," Amber pipes up, absently combing through her hair with her hands.

"Then why don't we just tell you guys then? We'll have a lot more time." I chime in, hoping not to explain it at the very bad time and place.

"Okay. If you don't then you guys are dating." Parker says in a mischievous tone and with a sly grin.

I lean into Jordan's ear and whisper, "We're not telling them about the whole kissing and sleeping in the same bed thing right? That should probably be between us." And partially my mum.

"Yeah, wasn't really planning on it."

"Okay, cool." I turn and face the table again, clear of the plan now. "So its set. We'll tell you at dinner tonight. Also, what are the plans for that?"

"I organized everything. We'll be getting picked up around 6:00, in a few groups according to neighborhoods. We'll meet outside of the pizzeria whenever we get there and we'll go in and eat," Stacy says [a/n: kappa] like its some sort of elaborate plan.

"Thanks for the long and thorough explanation, Ms. Hinojosa," Graser starts, but ends up laughing really hard and clapping his hands together. Stacy just gives her boyfriend a very annoyed look as he apologizes and gives her a hug.