Chapter Nine - G'night Babe

"So how was school with that Jordan? You focused without thinking about him too much?" My mum asks in a condescending tone, watching some reality TV show.

"Mum, he's a senior. We have like two periods together, not even academic ones." Oh mum, always playing the protective parent role when dad wasn't here to do it.

"I'm keeping an eye on that boy. I don't want you getting in trouble with that one, giving me extra stress."

"Sure mum. What's for dinner?"

We have the usual cheap meal for dinner, and discuss my first day of school, the new people I met and everything.

"Stick around that Stacy girl. She seems like the kind of person to be on the right track."

"She's friends with Jordan and is dating on of his good friends."

"Maybe that Maddie girl then, too."

"Maddie is his cousin."

"Well just stick around then, make sure they have your back. I think they'd be good for you."

"Okay mum," I say as I feel vibrations against my back pocket, signaling many text notifications. "I'm gonna go to my room now. Love you."

I walk into the door, switching on the lights and shutting the door behind me, knowing otherwise Mum would invade my privacy. I unlock my phone and open my messages, seeing a new group conversation opened with all the people from lunch today, titled "The Biznatches."

Bee: What is this/ wtf is a biznatch?

Graser: Oh hey! I see Jordan added you here *eyebrow wiggle*

Jordan: Shut up Zach. Aren't you supposed to be out on a date with your girlfriend?

Stacy: Yes, he is. Zachary, where are you? You went to the bathroom like 20 minutes ago!

Graser: crap. I'll be back later guys, and Stacy, I'll find you in a few minutes.

I text Jordan in a separate conversation, as we would be the only ones texting there and would blow up the other's phones.

Bee: Hey.

Jordan: Bee?

Bee: Well yeah, who else would it be.

Jordan: Sorry, I just didn't have you saved to my contacts.

Bee: Sure. You probably already had me saved under "Babe <3."

Jordan: Thanks for the contact idea. Now lets just hope you never call or text me around any people.

Bee: Oh, I'll make sure they'll all see how much you love me. "So passionate about his girlfriend!"

Jordan: And then they won't believe me when I say we're just friends.

Bee: But like you said: we're practically dating.

Jordan: That was a joke.

Bee: Sure it was. That didn't stop you from calling me babe a bunch and persisting to ask me to sleep in the same bed as you.

Jordan: Point taken. Anyways, the group is going out for pizza this Friday. They told me to ask you to come with us, so do you wanna come?

Bee: Sure. How should I dress?

Jordan: Probably just a little nicer than normal. Nothing too over the top though.

Bee: Okay. All of them like me, right?

Jordan: Uh, yeah. Except for maybe Ryan and Amber, mostly because you were a little sassy towards Ryan. Amber just generally doesn't like most of the people Ryan sits with at lunch, but stays there because she's nearly obsessed with her boyfriend. She has her own uh... group of friends. Why'd you ask?

Bee: Just had a notion. Wanted to make sure I'm not intruding on your guys' friendships.

Also a part of having social anxiety but yeah. I'm not telling him that.

Jordan: You wouldn't be. Most of them are pretty good people. Friendly and that stuff.

Bee: Good. Otherwise mum probably wouldn't let me hang out with you guys once she got to know them, being her protective self.

Me and Jordan keep texting for about an hour, also texting with his other friends when they get to their phones.

Bee: Okay guys, I have to go and get ready for bed soon. See you all tomorrow!

Will: Yeah, see you Bee.

Dul: Aww, okay.

Graser: motilika scabadoshka.

Bee: ???

Stacy: Don't mind him. You'll get it eventually.

Bee: Okay. Bye guys!

I shut off my phone and put it on my nightstand, changing into my usual pajamas, the same tank top and sweatpants. My phone starts buzzing and moving around slightly on my bedside table, flashing the name "Jordan" until I sigh and pick it up.

"Why are y-" I start to say until I'm hushed by the boy on the other side of the line.

"Shh. You hear that?" He asks, a few beats of silence following after.

"Uh, no? I hear absolutely nothing."

"I can't hear anything either. G'night babe." He says in a sly tone.

"Ugh. Night Jordan," I reply, and hang up sitting cross legged on my bed. He just texts me a smiley face after, making me laugh and lean into my pillow.

-=+=-

So hey! actual A/N this time i guess?

Bit of a filler chapter this time. Hope you guys don't mind :P

Do you guys like me writing out their texts like that? Should I change it some how or is it fine this way? 

Hoping for a bit longer chapter next time! I'll be in Florida for a week starting tomorrow so updates may be a bit slower.

anyways,

See you guys in the next chapter!

-Bella