Chapter 14

[NEVAEH'S POV]

"Daddy Please! Don't Kick Her Out! Please!" I Cried.

"Go To Your Room! I Don't Wanna See You For The Rest Of The Night!" He Snapped. I Hurried Upstairs And Saw MJ, Aubree, And Layla In The Hallway Crying. I Quickly Wiped My Face.

"Shouldn't You Guys Be In Bed?" I Said.

"With All That Screaming? You're Kidding Right?" MJ Said.

"Is Daddy Gonna Let Naomii Come Back?" Aubree Asked.

"I'm Sure He Will. He Is Just Angry." I Said.

"I Want Naomii." Layla Cried. I Picked Her Up.

"Y'all Should Get Some Sleep. I'm Sure Everything Will Blow Over By Tomorrow." I Said. I Carried Layla Into Our Room And Tucked Her In.

"Goodnight. I'm Here If You Need Me." I Said. I Crawled Into Bed And Silently Cried. I Pray Naomii Is Okay.

                   ************

The Next Morning:
When I Woke Up, I Immediately Called Naomii, But Her Phone Was Going Straight To Voicemail. Great. Just Great. I Got Up And Slowly Crept Into The Hallway, And Tiptoed To The Bathroom. Once I Was Relieved, Shaved, And Showered, I Crept Back Into My Room And Quietly Closed The Door. I Didn't Want My Parents To Even Have A Reason To Come Say Anything To Me After What Happened Last Night. I Was Highly Pissed And I Just Wanted My Twin Home Safe And Sound. I Threw On Some Comfortable Clothing And Crawled Back In Bed. Where Could She Have Gone? With A Friend? Maybe With Michael? I'm Sure After What Happened Last Night He Wants Nothing To Do With Her. So Where Could She Be?

I Ended Up Spending The Whole Morning In My Room; Looking For Naomii And Crying. I Didn't Want To Be Bothered At All. I Just Wanted My Sister Home. There Was A Knock At The Door And I Didn't Say A Word.

"Nevaeh?" I Heard My Mom Say. Again...I Didn't Say A Word. She Walked In And Came To Sit Beside Me On The Bed.

"Sweetie You Haven't Ate All Day. Come Eat." She Said.

"I'm Not Hungry." I Said.

"Nevaeh..." She Began, But I Cut Her Off.

"Mom Please. I'm Not Hungry." I Said. She Sighed.

"I Know You're Upset About Last Night, But Everything Will Be Okay." She Said.

"How? He Practically Threw Naomii Out! And You Let Him!" I Snapped.

"Well She Needs To Learn A Lesson." She Said.

"Kicking Your Daughter Out Practically Making Her Homeless Is Teaching Her A Lesson? Wow...Of All The Things You Could Have Done......This Is The Worst! I'd Like To Be Left Alone Please." I Said. I Turned And Faced Away From Her. She Sighed As She Left My Room.

I Had To Find Naomii. I Needed To Know She Was Okay. I Quietly Snuck Out Of My Room And Into Her Room. I Packed Her A Small Bag And Grabbed Her Car Keys. I Then Snuck Back To My Room, Slid On My Shoes, And Climbed Out The Window. I Had To Be Extremely Quiet Because My Dad Could Hear Anything. And I Mean Anything. I Climbed Down The Ladder And Slowly Crept Around The Side Of The House Until I Got To The Front. I Quickly Ran And Hopped In Naomii's Car And Sighed. So Far So Good. I Put The Key In The Ignition, But Instead Of Starting It Up, I Put The Car In Neutral And Drove It Out Of The Driveway. Thank God Naomii Backed Into The Driveway Instead Of Pulling In And Parking

Once I Was A Good Distance From The House, I Started The Car And Drove Around The Corner. Now To Look For Naomii...But Where Could I Start? Then It Hit Me.