Chapter Six: Welcome to the Land of the Dead

Three days later, after Halloween, today is the Day of the Dead when the villagers of the valley honor their deceased loved ones and ancestors, they pay a visit to their graves with food and goods as gifts and pray for them, but once again wearing all of the costumes this time in Day of the Dead theme. The graves are decorated with Calaveras and marigold flowers called cempazúchitl. Inside each house, there were home altars, the ofrendas with the favorite foods and beverages of the departed to remember them always and spend their time with their families and friends. The whole village was decorated with the Day of the Dead decorations such as Papel picado and sugar skulls followed by the Halloween party. Everyone was excited to have fun. Back inside the house, Dianna and Antonio visit their ofrenda to see their late father. In a picture of him, he had black hair and dark brown eyes wearing a blue shirt, the home altar was decorated with ornamental decorations, his personal belongings, flowers, and candles, they brought his favorite food and drink and put them on the altar including sugar skulls and pan de muertos, they are still mourning over the loss of their father and wonder where did he go so far.

"I hope Papa would be here for." wondered Antonio sadly.

"I miss him too." sniffled Dianna, missing her late father so much.

"Don't worry, we will see him again." consoled Antonio.

"Hey, Dianna. What's the matter?" asked Luke, walking to the siblings.

"You know, my dad was like our hero, he saved our home from the rival families," said Antonio sadly, looking at his late father's picture.

"I know since I was taken to foster care as a kid and I return," replied Luke.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen Granny Fernandez was standing in the sink, and turning the faucet, the water began to run as she put each avocado into the sink and washed them properly. After washing the avocados, Granny Fernandez walked to the counter, opened it, and gathered the tools and utensils, heading to the table and putting them on it, she placed a medium bowl on the table, grabbed a knife, and brought a stand mixer with a bowl and paddle attachment. Then took out a knife and an avocado,  jabbing it to the side, cutting it open in half, revealing a seed inside, she removed it and put it on the table, before dumping it into a medium bowl, she took two onions, peeling them, putting them in the cutting board, dicing them into small pieces, and adding them to the bowl. Granny Fernandez gathered two tomatoes and diced them into smaller pieces, dumping them into the bowl, she took the salt and pepper, and added them to the bowl, eventually completing the guacamole. After making the guacamole, Granny Fernandez took the bowl of guacamole with her hands, walked out of the kitchen, marched to the table, and put it on it beside the rest of the food.

"Here." sighed Granny Fernandez, the siblings walked to the table full of food and drinks just as their mother came up to them with a tray of Mexican hot chocolate drinks in each mug.

"Niños." worried Ronaldo, walking up to his grandchildren with a pot of mole negro, he marched to the table and put on it to let them cool down for a while.

"Hello, what did I miss?" said Captain Read, holding a bottle of tequila infused with marigold flowers.

"Hey guys, I love to try Mexican food." greeted C.J., holding a bowl of fiambre salad in his hand, grabbing a fork, and eating it, "Mmm..." he munched, the children ran to the table, and sat on the chairs.

"Wow, Tamales!" excited Kim, grabbing one of the tamales, unwrapping it, and eating it.

"Cool." munched Scott, holding a tamale in his hands, Ryan scooped the red pozole with a ladle, grabbed the spoon, and sipped it.

"Yum." Ryan was satisfied with the taste of red pozole, Scott scooped the sopa azteca with another ladle.

"Hey señor, wanna try some chapulines?" asked Ronaldo, holding a bowl of cooked grasshoppers and trying to offer them to Captain Read.