Chapter 3

After Tim got out of the hospital in Tennessee he searched for Lucy with the help of her sister they asked around and since both of Lucy's parents are well respected people in the town they found out that she moved to LA a few years ago and really had a daughter..

Tim couldn't believe he abandoned a mother and child because of what happened to him..he is furious but more desperate to find them especially now that he found out they could be leaving next to his..he promised his self to make it up to them and let them know what happened to him..the reason he wasn't able to be in their life for 15 long yrs..

He's now back in LA..back to work for a week and taking his off day out to try searching for Lucy again..his been very observant on the people around him hoping one of them might be Lucy..he's not able to get his daughters name and photo but his sure that he can see her if she founds Lucy.. he's at his favorite fast food chain..it's lunch the place was totally full since it's also near a residential area and schools..)

He Ordered a food and found a 2 chair table on the far side of the restaurant..he was on his way to the table when a teenage girl bump into him and drop all her food to the ground..

Girl:"I'm sorry sir I wasn't looking.."(she exclaimed scrambling over her food on the floor..)

Tim put his tray on the table and lean down to help the girl..a crew also rushed to help them..

Tim:"can I replace her meal..I'll pay for it.."(he offered to the crew..)

Girl:"you don't have to do that sir it's my fault..my mom always reminds me to be aware of my surroundings but I could really get clumsy sometimes.."(she blabbed blaming her self..)

Crew:" its fine miss..I'll get a replacement for your meal for free..will you wait on this table or you wanna take it out?"

Girl:"no he already ta.."

Tim:"ahhm..yes she'll have it here..thank you miss.."(he insisted cutting the teengirl..the crew went off to take another meal for her..she hesitately look at Tim..)

Girl:"but you got here first..I should have just take it out.."(she insisted..)

Tim:"it's fine if you didn't drop your food you could have got in the table first..but to make it better we could just share the table..are you with someone?"

Girl:"ahhm no I'm alone..it's my lunch break and I have to get back to my class in 30mins the long queue took my time.."( she politely replied and finally seats on the chair..)

Tim:"well I can see we ordered the same food..I can just wait for the replacement and you could have mine..so you can start eating now.."(he suggested and seatled in the same table..)

Girl:" no I..I can't..it's your food"(she refused..)

Tim:"I insist come on it's fine..I could have all day here but you have to go back to your class soon..unless you wanna skip lunch..it's a busy hour I bet she will take time.."(he insisted..pushing the plate in front of her..she smiled shyly..but then started to eat the fries but opened the zinger burger in front of her..)

Girl:" sorry I hate Pickles..I could do anything to spend a day here..like I already ordered anything on the menu for how many times I ate here"(she explained looking for the piece of pickle inside..)

Tim:"don't worry I hated pickles too..you're safe..I mean who wouldn't love Chick-fil-A look at these people here..it's my favorite place since I could remember.."(he replied in giggle having fun of the teen girl in front of her thinking her daughter could be same as her age by now..)

Girl:"same..that's fun..and interesting my mom loves pickle though..I just don't know why I hate it.."

Tim:"well we all have different taste buds..it's not surprising..you sounds like so close to your mom.."(he commented with amazement..)

Girl:"well she's my inspiration on everything..since I don't know my dad..she has been through a lot that makes her more admirable..even if she has to be a single mom for me she never missed anything I needed..yeah we're very close.."( she said proudly while munching fries..)

Tim:"tough mom..lucky girl..may I know where your dad is?"

Girl:"supper lucky..hmm..I don't know mom doesn't talk about him..i don't feel I also needed to know him cause mom really does it all..but I get curious sometime I just feel she's not so ready to talk about him so I don't insist.."(she explained didn't care about sharing too much information already to a man she don't even got the name yet..it might be because she feels comfortable with him..same as Tim that can't get his eyes off the teen girls face.. amazed on what's in front of him..)

Tim:"I could get that..you study near here?"( He commented and change the topic..)

Girl:"yeah just transferred in Venice highschool my mom works here so it's better to be closer.."

Tim:"Venice sounds great..what year are you in?"

Girl:"grade 10..I'm graduating in few months then senior high..I'm excited but really nervous.. everything is new everyone is new for me here..but I'll be fine at least I can be with my mom..I missed here for 3yrs. since she moved here I barely see her..so it's better now.."(she narrated continue munching her food..the replacement food came and interrupted a little bit then they eat together..both feeling comfortable with each other..)

Tim:"moving in new place could be really challenging but I guess you can make it work..as you said you have your mom around..well if ever you needed additional friend you can always find me here..it's basically my walk in kitchen.."(he jokingly answered started to eat also..)

Girl:"I might take that..I'm Tamara by the way.."(she introduced and offer a handshake..)

Tim:"Tim..well I guess it's confirmed were friends.."(he replied with a confident smile and accepted her hand..for the moment he felt something weird..he just met the girl but he already felt comfortable with her that he haven't felt to anyone and something about her makes him so curious..)

Tamara:"why not..well my mom's a cop so if you plan to mess up with me.."(she warned..)

Tim:"really?well now no one can really mess up with you cause I'm a cop too.."(he proudly said with a smile.. showing his badge..)

Tamara:"your a Sargent?woow..do you work at mid Wilshire too?"(she replied amazed..)

Tim:"nope..I work at Hollywood division does your mom work at mid Wilshire?"

Tamara:"yeah..she's undercover P2 now but she's studying for a detectives exam..her bosses said she's been doing great work thats why I'm so proud to say it out loud.."(she bragged smiling..)

Tim:"can't blame you..I could do anything to get my daughter proud of me too.."(he agreed..)

Tamara:"I bet she's very proud..a Sargent dad..I could bragged it out to my friends..I can't stop my self talking about how great my mom is what more If I could have a Sargent dad..that's double awesome parents.."(she replied amazed and Tim couldn't help but be amused by her..)

Tim:"if only she know me though..it's a long story but I can only imagine.."

Tamara:"oops..I needed to go now..I'll be late on my next class my mom wouldn't be proud of that.. thanks for the replacement Tim..it's really great meeting you..I'll see you again soon.."(she rushed after she noticed the time..)

Tim:"sure will..be safe out there Tamara ..I'll see you around.."(he answered and bid goodbye..he finished his food with a big smile can't forget about the girl he just met and eat with..can't help but be amused and more curious about her.. definitely wanted to see her again and knows her more..)

After lunch Tamara runs back to her next class still interested about Tim..while Tim on the other hand just went home and rest still can't forget about the most interesting lunch he ever had..both can't wait to see each other again and continue the new friendship they're starting to have..