𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐞_𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞 [𝐀 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

████████████████████

In a cold, desolate wasteland, a raging blizzard swept across the ruined landscape. There was no midnight moon to shine here, only two distant ones refracting light from the nearby star. This was not the Earth you know, but it once was not far behind. This planet's name was Copper 9, a once bustling exoplanet with human settlers. Sadly, those people were long gone by now. They once commanded an impressive army... of workers. Nothing more. Just regular ol' Worker Drones, not exactly what you'd think would kill them.

And they didn't.

Humans killed themselves. 

Honestly, it's kind of poetic, yet sadly true. They destabilized the core, and now, everyone is dead. Except, their mechanical creations survived. They easily picked up where the humans left off, and now, they are the dominant species on this planet. Except, not really. You see, humans are not exactly fond of runaway AI. And the company that owns them, JCJenson (IN SPAAAAACE!), isn't either. Henceforth, the Disassembly Drones were sent here, to dispose of the Worker Drones.

But enough of mindless exposition. Our story doesn't quite start here, but it will most certainly take place on this desolate wasteland of a planet. 

No, you see, the story begins much earlier, a year, two, maybe three or more. Regardless of how much time has passed, it's not that important. What is important is that around the same time as Copper 9's core failure, a ship was orbiting the planet.

 What is important is that around the same time as Copper 9's core failure, a ship was orbiting the planet

Small, nimble, and very sci-fi. The three best words to describe the vessel orbiting the planet. It looked more like some variant of the space yacht than anything else, but the ship is not what's important here. It is the cargo. The ship was vacant of any occupants, and its interior halls were all shrouded in darkness, the usual LEDs that would provide illumination being overgrown with strange flesh that bore a resemblance to tree roots. It pulsed and writhed, as if alive, other than that, it remained stationary. The entire ship was overgrown by living meat tissue and appeared to actually be piloted by it, evident by the controls being completely covered by flesh.

Deeper inside of the vessel was the storage area, which was by far the most infected part of the ship. It was mostly empty, eerily silent, with but one container in its centre. It was difficult to make out what was inside of it though, as the living meat took great care to cover every inch of the rectangular capsule. The only part of the modern pod that was actually visible was at its very top, where a rusted, dusty and old symbol lay imprinted on the cold hard surface.