Chapter 63 - Avalor

The moon cast an ethereal glow over the cliffside, and the tension in the air was palpable. Draegon, with his enigmatic presence, stood between me and the formidable blood wolf that was Phoenix. Her eyes, a striking ombre of crimson and orange, held a fierce determination that sent shivers down my spine.

"I have no intention of disrespecting anyone," I asserted, adopting a tone of authority, attempting to regain control of the situation. "The unity of our pack is of paramount importance, and any connection that threatens that unity must be scrutinized."

Draegon's gaze remained unwavering, his eyes reflecting the moonlight with an unsettling glint. "The bond between Phoenix and me is a matter of our personal connection, not a threat to the pack. Your concerns may be misplaced."

I considered his words, but skepticism lingered. The blood wolf, despite her formidable appearance, was an unknown entity, and Draegon, an outsider, held a sway over her that unsettled the delicate balance of power within the pack.

"Outsiders have disrupted the harmony of packs before," I countered, my gaze shifting between Draegon and the blood wolf. "I must ensure the stability and safety of our pack."

Phoenix's growl intensified, reverberating through the night air. Draegon's hand on her fur seemed to be the only thing preventing her from lunging at me.

"Draegon," I addressed him directly, "I am open to understanding the nature of your connection with Phoenix. Transparency is crucial for the pack's well-being."

Draegon's expression hardened, a flicker of defiance in his eyes. "You question our loyalty, but loyalty is a two-way street. The pack must also trust its members."

I inclined my head, acknowledging the point. "Trust is earned, and it takes time. The sudden emergence of an unknown connection raises valid concerns."

Draegon's features remained stoic, his composure unwavering. Phoenix's blood wolf form, however, conveyed an intensity that challenged my authority. I needed to tread carefully to avoid escalating the situation.

"As alpha, my duty is to protect the pack," I asserted, my tone firm. "I will not allow anything that poses a threat to our unity. If your intentions are genuine, prove it through actions, not just words."

The moonlit cliff stood witness to the unspoken challenge between alpha and outsider, a moment that could shape the destiny of the Flame'song pack.