Start of Part I/Chapter I

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." - Ernest Hemingway

(start of the chapter)

"Meeting dismissed, thank you, everyone," Shera says, everyone bowing to her and leaving the queen in the dark room.

"Your majesty," a woman said.

"You don't call me that Mi-Young, something up" Shera responded, her back still facing her friend.

"Station Chief, Kate Laswell wants to talk to you," Mi-Young said.

"Did I fuck up somewhere" Shera joked, still slightly concerned about this talk.

"Probably but that is not what this is about, she says it's important," Mi-Young said, slightly laughing. She walks to the table and places a tablet on it, where Laswell is already calling her.

"I'll leave you to it," Mi-Young says, walking out of the room. Shera picks up the call.

"I know at this point we are enemies, but I need your help," Laswell said.

"Are you trying to appeal to my American roots, Laswell?" Shera asked, Laswell only chuckled in response.

"No, I'll just say it, Major Hassan Zyani has an American missile. Gaved to him by one of your Russians," Laswell said, her tone making it clear to Shera she wasn't kidding.

"I think I have an idea of who you are talking about, of course, these missiles are in the wrong hands," Shera said.

"We know of another missile in the procession of Major Hassan, a terrorist. I want your help for two things." Laswell said.

"You pique my interest, I'm in" Shera Stated.

"One, I need you to confirm if the missile is in Russia," Laswell said.

" To make sure that there is one or two out" Shera inquired.

"Precisely, if there are two American missiles out of our procession, well, simply it will be bad," Laswell said.

"The other thing is I have heard you are a good manipulator, I want you to go to Las Almas, to meet up with shadow company, Los Vaqueros, and two members of Task Force 141," Laswell added,

"Why is this important, if I may ask" Shera questioned.

"Graves is the CEO of Shadow company, he is guaranteed to be there" Laswell answered her question.

"You want me to spy," Shera said.

"Yes, Graves can be planning things, but I don't know for sure, it's a gut feeling," Laswell said.

"What you don't do your competitor will," Shera said.

"Exactly, can I count you in" Laswell asked.

"Yes, this is a dangerous situation we are playing at, and I want to protect everyone as much as you do," Shera said.

" Thank you, Shera, and you are right, Happy hunting," Laswell said, hanging up on the call. Shera calls for a quick meeting to discuss a play of action. After telling them the situation, her hand, Amagawa Yuji says

"If we have the start somewhere, I will say it would be looking for this missile. As long as it's not in our hands it is not safe".

"Exactly what I was thinking, once it is in our hands, we will safely send it back to America. We must plan that return carefully; we may be intercepted." Shera said.

"Yes, we should have some of the army look for it," Yuji said. Shera nodded her head.

"I will take control, I want this to be done, discreetly and quickly," Danilka said.

"What I was going to say, inform me of any leads on this" Shera said.

"If I may ask, why are you leaving for Las Almas," Yuji asked.

"It's a spying mission" Shera added.

"On graves?" Yuji asked, Shera only nodded in response.

"I leave in an hour if I want to get there by the meet-up time, Danilka informed the dragon guard I will be taking Iazan with me," Shera said. Danilka nodded. After that Shera calls off the meeting and everyone goes their separate ways.

8:53 pm

When a Mi-Young comes, Shera is being helped by Iazan her dragon by one of the dragon guards. The two women smile at each other. Mi-Young walks up and gives her an envelope.

"If the cartel leader is mentioned, open it," Mi-Young said.

"Mi-Young, you're being more suspicious than usual," Shera said.

"Trust me, Your Majesty, stay safe," Mi-Young said, bowing to Shera and walking away. After Mi-Young walks away, Iazan walks out of the stable and into the air, roaring as he when up, the shadow of his large size taking up most of the palace.

696 words

authors note: Anything bold and Italic is in another language.

Language: Valyrian