Chapter 5

Xia Lian couldn't hold it back, covering the receiver and suppressing laughter. The bits of sound that leaked out from time to time were still captured by Ye Shiquan.

His face immediately turned red, and he gritted his teeth, with a kind of anger that he was ashamed to express: "What are you laughing at?!"

"I'm not laughing, hahahaha." Xia Lian stopped pretending, holding the receiver and laughing so hard that tears came to his eyes.

Ye Shijin was laughed at so much that he didn't feel confident: "Should I do it or not?" He was so fierce that he was bluffing.

"I'll do it." Xia Lian laughed until tears came to her eyes. His eyes were filled with starlight under the noon sun. "But it will take me a long time to make the rabbit lantern by myself."

Xia Lian said softly: "How about I bring the materials over tomorrow and we can do it together."

Do together? Ye Shiqun had never played with other children, let alone done crafts together.

"Ye Shijin, don't worry, I promise, I will teach you." Xia Lian smiled cutely with tears on her eyelashes.

Ye Shijin didn't know what was going on, but when he heard that Xia Lian was going to make a rabbit lantern tomorrow, he became excited.

He specially moved all the miscellaneous things on the study floor to make a large space, and then asked Uncle Pei to spread a soft mat.

After everything was ready, Ye Shijin sat on the cushion and started waiting for his rabbit lantern.

Uncle Pei was about to say something but stopped: "Master, Xia Liang will not come until tomorrow."

Ye Shijin was puzzled. He looked at the clock: It's not tomorrow yet?

"Master, it's time for you to go to bed. Xia Lian will be here when you get up."

Ye Shijin didn't move. He stubbornly stared at the hour and minute hands, stubbornly watching them rotate.

Uncle Pei sighed. He knew that Ye Shiqun would not want to sleep, so he had to wait beside him.

After two hours, the five-year-old's body finally couldn't hold on any longer and fell asleep on the mat.

Uncle Pei found it both funny and distressing. Ye Shiqun used to wait for his parents like this, but he didn't see his parents until he fell asleep.

Later, Ye Shijin didn't want to wait anymore, but now he started waiting for a child to bring a rabbit lantern. He didn't know whether it was right or wrong.

Uncle Pei gently carried Ye Shiqun back to the room.

-

Today's breakfast is yam and jujube paste cake. Tian Ma's hands are very skillful. She made the cake into a flower shape, which is beautiful and delicious.

Xia Lian was full and wanted to take these to Ye Shiquan, so Tian Ma helped Xia Lian put them into the thermal box and stuffed them into the cross-body bag that Xia Lian was carrying.

Tian's mother was already relieved that Xia Lian went out by herself. Xia Lian told her that she would call her when she got to her friend's house. She thought that it would be good for Xia Lian to go out for a run more so that her physical condition would get better.

Zhang Xiyuan saw it: "Hey, where is Xiaolian going?"

Zhang Mingfei pricked up his ears and listened.

Xia Lian zipped up the small bag and ignored them. It was Tian Ma who said first: "Xia Lian is looking for friends to play with."